Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummarySelect Accounts provides a broad array of competitive products and coverages that offer agents and insureds value and flexibility. Select Accounts' core product, the Business Owner's Policy (BOP), provides property and liability coverage for small businesses of all types, from Main Street retailers to small manufacturers and property owners. The Account Executive (AE), Select will partner with agents to provide property, general liability, commercial auto, workers' compensation, and/or umbrella coverage for new business based on customers' needs. As an AE, you are decisive, detail-oriented, and know how to build relationships internally and externally to drive results. Your ability to assess risk and sell our products in a high-volume, fast paced environment will contribute to the profitability and success of Travelers.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the profitability, growth, and retention of an assigned book of business in a high-volume, fast paced environment. Balance individual account underwriting within an assigned portfolio of business.
- Underwrite and skillfully negotiate property and casualty accounts to minimize risk and maximize profitability.
- Ensure underwriting quality and profitability through application of the appropriate level of underwriting analysis based on risk complexity to accept, decline, modify, or rate and quote accounts.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal partners within the business unit and across the enterprise to create sales plans and identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Foster and maintain relationships with external partners by regularly meeting in person with agents and brokers to market and sell Travelers products with a goal of writing and retaining accounts consistent with our risk appetite. Must be able to travel to such meetings.
- Partner with Sales Executives to identify and write new business opportunities using consultative marketing and sales skills.
- Collaborate effectively with underwriting leadership, as appropriate.
- Two years of underwriting experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five years of relevant underwriting experience with experience in commercial lines.
- Knowledge of commercial lines products.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to proactively identify underwriting, marketing, or financial challenges and analyze available information to make timely decisions in alignment with our risk appetite.
- Communication skills with the ability to successfully negotiate with agents and brokers.
Licensing or Certificates
- CPCU designation.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Requires extended periods of computer use.
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.