Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryThe Bond & Specialty Insurance (B&SI) group at Travelers provides a broad array of competitive management liability, professional liability and surety products and coverages to businesses of all sizes.
This Associate Account Executive (AAE), Contract Surety role will require the individual to partner with brokers to provide surety coverage for new and renewal business based on customers' needs.
As an AAE, you are decisive, detail-oriented, and are learning how to build relationships internally and externally to drive results. You are developing the ability to assess risk and promote our products, which will contribute to the profitability and success of Travelers.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the profitability, growth, and retention of an assigned book of business through knowledge and understanding of Travelers risk appetite to make appropriate decisions within own underwriting authority.
- Analyze and manage a portfolio of brokers and contractor-clients in assigned geographic regions.
- Underwrite and negotiate customer accounts to minimize risk and maximize profitability.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal partners within the business unit and across the enterprise to create sales plans and identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Develop relationships with external partners by regularly meeting with brokers to promote Travelers products with a goal of writing and retaining accounts consistent with our risk appetite.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities by learning and analyzing your assigned region and forming strategies with your team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year of finance-related experience or relevant surety underwriting experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Typically has 1-3 years of relevant underwriting experience.
- Previous surety underwriting experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.