Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Marketing Analytics team analyzes customer and marketing data, designs unbiased test and learns, oversees marketing campaign execution, delivers post monitoring on business initiatives, provides analytics support to our Marketing partners and liaisons with the Customer, Ops, Distribution, R&D, and external marketing vendor teams. This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
This position will:
* Interface with business stakeholders to provide analytic support and to help develop and execute acquisition/loyalty/retention marketing initiatives for the personal insurance organization.
* Design marketing/consumer outreach tests and recommends metrics to measure effectiveness of such campaigns in order to continually learn from the tests.
* Mine large datasets to generate actionable insights that can improve acquisition ratio or customer value.
* Evaluate quality of predictive models and suggest ways to improve accuracy of such models using new or existing data sources.
* Communicate findings to stakeholders using appropriate exhibits.
* Adopt latest marketing analytics industry best practices to optimize online/offline acquisition channels and update our media attribution processes for the omni-channel experience.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate on strategic projects with execution responsibility for assigned project sub-components.
- Recommend and execute solutions for assigned project to resolve challenges of an initiative.
- Execute work thoughtfully and efficiently as a team member to improve project team performance and timelines.
- This position may participate on cross-unit and Enterprise initiatives.
- Independently refresh actuarial and analytic analyses, perform new analysis with guidance, and begin to apply judgment.
- Support and begin to drive components of unit initiatives.
- Begin to take accountability for process efficiencies within assignments.
- Provide support as necessary for initiatives across the Enterprise within the scope of influence.
- Communicates progress, findings and results to manager and peers.
- Communicates technical topics to primary working group.
- Actively participates in group discussions.
- Provides formal written communication such as memos or presentations with supervision.
- May be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic talent within assigned Segment.
- Onboard new employees and interns in unit.
- Support various training and skill development initiatives across assigned Segment and the Enterprise.
- May provide support for recruiting efforts and candidate talent assessment efforts.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1 year of experience in quantitative analysis required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Proficient in data mining using SQL, SAS, Python or any such programming/scripting language.
- Drive to learn new techniques/skills.
- Data processing and manipulation in Excel.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Prior experience with insurance or marketing/consumer initiatives.
- Understanding of basic machine learning techniques including classification and regression.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Development of Leading Self, exhibiting self-awareness and seeking opportunities to learn while also starting to manage ambiguity.
- Initial development of Leading Others, including mentoring/training team members.
- Initial development of Leading the Business, including being a positive member of the Enterprise culture.
- Has an understanding and knowledge of a few basic key business drivers and disciplines such as: underwriting, products, reinsurance, distribution, sales, operations, risk control, claim, and financials.
- Able to effectively utilize this business knowledge in developing analytic solutions.
- Has a foundational perspective of certain areas of the industry and developing trends such as: technology, analytic methodology, products and performance of competitors.
- Is familiar with a couple other key business drivers and disciplines.
- Begin to develop professional business relationships across the BI&AA community within Segment.
- Generate and solicit ideas.
- Quantitative Analysis:
- Able to use appropriate tools to compile and analyze data effectively.
- Perform basic-level analytics working more independently and effectively with awareness of materiality and reasonability, foreseeing more next steps.
- May perform technical review of unit work product.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.