Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Sr. Consultant, Actuarial and Analytics is an analytic role that encompasses the personal ownership of operational assignments and support of strategic assignments which may include reserving, rate-making, pricing, planning/forecasting, project management and research. The individual in this role is expected to have a high level of partnership within assigned unit and across projects, and be an influential member of project teams, providing analytical insights to leadership and Business unit partners. The Sr. Consultant, Actuarial and Analytics will work on assignments requiring knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas: Actuarial techniques and/or research methods Statistical analyses Foundational business knowledge Line of Business knowledge
This role provides an opportunity to work within the Select CMP business unit with a focus on quantification and monitoring of various profit initiatives across the multiple products we support. This position will also work closely with our Select All Lines lead to proactively drive profitability work across all lines and all products within Select.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate on strategic projects with execution responsibility for assigned project sub-components.
- Recommend and execute solutions for assigned project to resolve challenges of an initiative.
- Execute work thoughtfully and efficiently as a team member to improve project team performance and timelines.
- This position may participate on cross-unit and Enterprise initiatives.
- Independently refresh actuarial and analytic analyses, perform new analysis with guidance, and begin to apply judgment.
- Support and begin to drive components of unit initiatives.
- Begin to take accountability for process efficiencies within assignments.
- Provide support as necessary for initiatives across the Enterprise within the scope of influence.
- Communicates progress, findings and results to manager and peers.
- Communicates technical topics to primary working group.
- Actively participates in group discussions.
- Provides formal written communication such as memos or presentations with supervision.
- May be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic talent within assigned Segment.
- Onboard new employees and interns in unit.
- Support various training and skill development initiatives across assigned Segment and the Enterprise.
- May provide support for recruiting efforts and candidate talent assessment efforts.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1 year of experience in quantitative analysis required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 3 or more Actuarial exams preferred.
- College degree in STEM related field.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office), basic programming skills (eg. SQL, SAS).
- 2+ years of quantitative analysis experience preferred.
- Developing understanding of insurance products and industry.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Development of Leading Self, exhibiting self-awareness and seeking opportunities to learn while also starting to manage ambiguity.
- Initial development of Leading Others, including mentoring/training team members.
- Initial development of Leading the Business, including being a positive member of the Enterprise culture.
- Has an understanding and knowledge of a few basic key business drivers and disciplines such as: underwriting, products, reinsurance, distribution, sales, operations, risk control, claim, and financials.
- Able to effectively utilize this business knowledge in developing analytic solutions.
- Has a foundational perspective of certain areas of the industry and developing trends such as: technology, analytic methodology, products and performance of competitors.
- Is familiar with a couple other key business drivers and disciplines.
- Begin to develop professional business relationships across the BI&AA community within Segment.
- Generate and solicit ideas.
- Able to use appropriate tools to compile and analyze data effectively.
- Perform basic-level analytics working more independently and effectively with awareness of materiality and reasonability, foreseeing more next steps.
- May perform technical review of unit work product.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.