Palo Alto Network Engineer - remote
Alera Group is seeking a Palo Alto Network Engineer to join their team. This is a remote position.
Alera Group is an independent, national insurance and financial services firm created in 2016 through a merger of 24 like-minded, high-performing, entrepreneurial firms. Our founding firms worked together to leverage powerful relationships, industry expertise and resources with the goal of elevating the client experience. For more information, please go to www.aleragroup.com
As a Network Engineer, you will monitor and maintain the network infrastructure of the WAN/LAN, troubleshooting network and VoIP issues, routing, VPNs, VLANs, configuring & updating switches, maintaining and monitoring security of firewalls as well as integrating acquisitions. Candidates must be organized, document thoroughly and be experienced in VoIP, VLANs, VPN, QoS, Palo Alto, Cisco, Client switches and routing.
- Install, monitor & maintain firewalls, VoIP networks and infrastructure
- Troubleshoot networking issues, routing, speed and QoS issues.
- Integrate acquisitions into corporate WAN.
- Provide tier 3 LAN/WAN support when needed
- Provide input and evaluate new technology
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Regularly required sitting for prolonged periods of time. Standing, walking and reaching are required periodically.
- Ability to lift, position and install IT equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and extending up to 6ft. in height.
5+ years' experience as a Network engineer, enterprise-level experience is preferred
Must have PCNSA and/or CCNP, PCNSE preferred
Well versed in BGP & OSPF
LAN/WAN, VoIP, QoS, next generation firewall experience
Sip experience a plus
Be able to travel when needed
Have a reliable method of transportation
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.
Options Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed