Business Development Specialist, Equipment Breakdown Reinsurance
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual is seeking a Business Development Specialist for Equipment Breakdown Reinsurance.
Liberty Mutual's Equipment Breakdown Reinsurance division is expanding at a rapid pace and this Business Development Specialist will play a key role in leading our growth by leveraging our competitive differential in the market place. Working with prospective client carriers, reinsurance intermediaries and mutual association leaders, you will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities, as well as developing and maintaining profitable growth for existing partner companies through effective marketing and agent training. Your strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills will be brought into play, interacting with individuals at every level of a client organization. The ability to develop and maintain a new business pipeline through prospect identification and qualification is essential.
If you want to work in an exciting and collaborative environment with people who are enthusiastic about what they do, this is the place for you. Our department works together as a unified team to consistently exceed their goals, and each employee knows that they have contributed to the success of Liberty Mutual Equipment Breakdown. Become a part of our team and help us grow!
- Develop a robust pipeline of new business opportunities and demonstrate the ability to convert prospective clients into lasting client partnerships.
- Develop strong relationships at the economic buying level within the prospective carrier space and also within the reinsurance intermediary market to support strategic new business partnerships.
- Partner with key state and national associations that impact our targeted prospective client carrier segment in order to promote Liberty Mutual's Equipment Breakdown reinsurance solutions.
- Participate in the negotiation of reinsurance contracts including pricing, commission and compensation structure, as well as underwriting guidelines and servicing.
- Conduct regular client servicing coordination, including marketing support, client and agency training and regular stewardship reporting.
- Meet regularly with all internal business support segments including underwriting, engineering, claims and marketing, to ensure the seamless delivery of exceptional servicing to our partner carriers.
- 2+ years sales and negotiation experience to economic and technical buyers, or equivalent.
- Property insurance experience including personal lines, commercial and farm, with an emphasis on equipment breakdown coverage and exposures. Prior underwriting experience in this segment is a plus.
- Superior oral, written and presentation skills., including direct sales and negotiation experience.
- Knowledge of reinsurance with a focus on property.
- Proactive and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to drive results in both a team-oriented and independent setting.
- Proven ability to align teams across business segments.
- Fluency with business and financial metrics.
- Willing to travel 50% +, and/or as the business requires.
- Technology-proficient with demonstrated knowledge of computer business applications.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree, P&C License, CPCU, ARe accreditation are desirable.
A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.