An ICW Business Relationship Manager (BRM) serves an integral role in promoting and fostering our enterprise vision of innovation, collaboration and best in class customer experience!
The BRM will develop, influence, and implement a partner strategy that ensures alignment between business units (BU), Customer Experience (CX) & IT, with a mission to more effectively achieve both BU specific and ICW Group enterprise objectives. The position will contribute to the evolution of the enterprise-wide Customer Relationship Management (CRM) initiative by actively collaborating with the Customer Experience leadership to determine the strategic direction for both BU specific and enterprise-wide Salesforce.com and other supporting Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions. Within their assigned partner business unit, acts as a conduit of information and becomes a BU subject matter expert, and creatively showcases the ‘art of possible' for a company on the forefront of digital transformation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Partners with business units and ensures every business decision is seen from the lens of our customers.
- Increases visibility to the customer experience through data driven customer journey maps (CJM) and Service Blueprint (SBP) design; evangelize the practice, facilitate workshops, create visual artifacts, and analyze for improvement opportunities.
- Executes solutions that bring awareness to team members and customers on the value add of their relationship with ICW Group.
- Collaborates with partner business units to reimagine how we can deliver the best insurance experience possible using people, process, data, and technology.
Acts as the subject matter expert (SME) for designated partner business units.
- Attends designated partner BU meetings and shadows Team Members.
- Documents the workflows and journeys on how Team Members conduct their day-to-day operations.
- Explains a-day-in-the-life for various roles within partner BU. Gains significant knowledge in subject matters pertaining to both technology and the business.
- Serves as a “trusted advisor” to the BU and functions as a key point of contact for CX & IT business stakeholders.
- In conjunction with CX leadership establishes and maintains a three-year business and IT solution road map to improve strategic planning.
- Utilizes business analysis techniques and business cases to define high-level product features and desired service levels for existing and emerging IT offerings.
- Focuses on business value to develop ideas, including digital awareness, risk assessments, business continuity and business capability requirements.
- Fosters creativity and innovation by staying abreast of industry and technology trends.
- Analyzes business requirements, works with various business and IT teams in identifying data elements and prepare detailed specifications from which programs are written.
- Develops a deep knowledge of the business partner's BU and builds positive relationship development, both horizontally and vertically.
Defines business requirements for designated business units.
- Writes requirements to obtain data from enterprise data teams and analyzes the data set for trends or answers that will help improve the business.
- Manages the technology demand pipeline across assigned BU and assists BU leaders in defining the business cases for desired initiatives.
- Monitors technology planning and deployment progress in line with business vision by surfacing and shaping demand for technology capabilities and assets; in addition to ensuring that the potential business value from the combined IT capabilities and assets are captured, optimized, and recognized.
- Contributes to key requirements, design and review sessions, key elements of business vision, and identifies business-based risk.
- Ensures collaboration and confirms business resources are available for all projects.
- Promotes business vision into working practice and ensures full adoption of solution created by project.
- Communicates with business leadership to evaluate joint initiatives and proposals to see how they align with established roadmaps and business and enterprise priorities.
- Demonstrates system (e.g., Salesforce.com) capability to solve business problems.
- Works with business users to gather requirements and is accountable for overall feasibility and solution delivery. Defines and approves changes to high-level requirements.
- Anticipates bottlenecks and provides escalation management.
- Analyzes end-to-end, moderate to high complexity business processes in one or more business functional areas.
Collaborates with CX peers and project managers to balance BU and enterprise level optimization.
- Transfers knowledge on proposed solution and BU needs to CX leadership and peers.
- Collaborates with peers on similar workflows/terminology to make sure there is a common process across departments (where applicable) and to ensure technology strategy, down to functional requirements, work(s) well for every aspect of the business.
- Anticipates and negotiates tradeoffs and balances business needs versus technical constraints to maximize business benefit for the greater good of the organization.
- Manages enhancement requests post implementation on an established and agreed upon release schedule.
- Monitors reported production issues for opportunities to enhance business technology workflows (e.g., Salesforce, and IT specific to the BU). Escalates issues to stakeholders when necessary.
- Serves as the business subject matter expert (SME) to assist in the prioritization of technology projects, ensuing projects align with the technology that best provides maximum ROI, and directs CX & IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy.
- Partners with PMO and manages projects involving multiple departments or cross-functional teams, focusing on both successful integration, implementation, and adoption of new IT solutions.
- Assists in development and overall execution of strategic plans, including leveraging company tracking mechanisms, and creating presentations and reports for the board, executive management, and other groups.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Business Administration, Business Management, Finance, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Salesforce Sales or Service Cloud required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience capturing and documenting complex business and functional requirements required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Business Relationship Manager, Salesforce Certified Solution Architect, Sales or Service Cloud Consultant, Project Manager, or IT Business Consultant or the like preferred.
- Experience in blueprinting and journey mapping preferred.
- Experience with business project management and managing risk to project plan preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- One (or more) of the following preferred: Project Management Professional Certification (PMP), Business Relationship Management Professional certification (BRMP), Salesforce Certified Solution Architect, Service Cloud or Sales Cloud Consultant.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Extensive knowledge of conducting business requirement workshops. Big picture mindset to act tactically but think strategically. Strong Project management skills managing pipelines, demand generation, deadlines, prioritization, and process. In-depth understanding of day-to-day operations and business needs of business unit(s). Highly skilled in negotiation and problem-solving techniques. Ability to positively influence others and to break down organizational silos. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience working with cross-functional teams, and presenting to leadership. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Visio, Excel, Project, Access, and PowerPoint. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.