Scrum Master I / II- Sales Compensation
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as an agile team within a Fortune 100 company, we are on the front edge of an IT transformation of how people work and deliver solutions.
If you want to be a part of a talented team that is using emerging technologies in support of our ongoing cloud adoption efforts, and you have a growth mindset and a strong passion for agile and continuous improvement - we want you!
We are looking for an exceptional agilest to be a Scrum Master I or II within the GRM Technology Financial Services portfolio. In this role you will work with innovative teams that support Sales Compensation.
As a Scrum Master I / II, you will work on one or more geographically diverse agile delivery teams. In this role you will work on a highly collaborative team that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change and foster a positive work environment. Your work will include coaching team members, proactively eliminating barriers, and facilitating team delivery. Perhaps most importantly, you will use your Agile capabilities and growth mindset to help empower, energize and motivate the teams you support. You will work closely with your team and peers to support sprint and release planning, foster team self-awareness, encourage cross-training, decision-making and continuous improvement.
This is a grade range posting for either a Scrum Master I or Scrum Master II
In this role you will
- Oversee scrum process and coach the team; facilitate transparency, inspection, and adoption
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement by encouraging experimentation and innovation in processes
- Guide team on how to get the most out of self-management and leverage this to evolve the team's agile practice
- Champion scrum, it's roles, events and artifacts to help the team and stakeholders understand their value
- Cultivate consensus and alignment within the team and across the organization
- Partner with the product owner(s) to support short and long-term release planning and manage interdependencies
- Shield the team from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity
- Support the team in removing impediments which cannot be solved by the team and encourage self-management of those that can be solved within the team
- Build a trusting and safe environment where challenges are raised and explored with an emphasis of problem solving
- Aggregate scrum team objectives and progress to ensure visibility and transparency
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline
- 5+ years experience in agile software development or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Scrum certification or equivalent training
- Strong knowledge of agile principles and concepts
- Ability to leverage expertise and enthusiasm for agile methodologies and continuous improvement to energize those around you
- A belief that openness and transparency are non-negotiable
- Enjoy solving problems and can resolve conflicts through strong mediation skills
- Display strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills
- Strong understanding of the value of metrics and iterative delivery
- Enjoy coaching and mentoring a team to maximize progress and potential
- Working knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures, and technical standards
- Ability to empathize with a wide range of people, test new ideas with them and observe the results