Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThis role involves working across many lines of business to support the filed rating plans within Business Insurance. Responsible for developing and implementing rates, rating plans, and pricing strategies to achieve the company objectives for profitability and growth.
It offers exposure to many enterprise disciplines and has involvement with many different groups across Travelers. It affords the opportunity to establish relationships with the field, pricing managers, regional and lead business unit actuaries, enterprise product, systems personnel and compliance areas.
The position requires an individual with excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail. Candidate will be responsible for routine projects as well as leading more complex research or rate plan management initiatives.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and implement rates, rating plans, and pricing strategies across all lines of business to achieve the company objectives for profitability and growth.
- Creation and maintenance of rate plans, manuals and pages.
- Monitor marketplace, industry trends, and professional research to maintain knowledge of current activities related to products, regulations, and market conditions.
- Prepare state filing packages and DOI responses.
- Recommend and initiate improved efficiencies and automation
- Ensure successful implementation of filed rates into RQI systems
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 1 or more Actuarial exams preferred.
- College degree in STEM related field.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office), basic programming skills (eg. SQL, SAS).
- Related internship or prior work-related experience.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Initial development of Leading Self, exhibiting self-awareness and seeking opportunities to learn while also starting to manage ambiguity.
- Initial development of Leading Others, including mentoring/training team members.
- Business Acumen:
- Has an understanding and knowledge of a few basic key business drivers and disciplines such as: underwriting, products, reinsurance, distribution, sales, operations, risk control, claim, and financials.
- Able to effectively utilize this business knowledge in developing analytic solutions.
- Has a limited perspective of foundational areas of the industry and developing trends such as: technology, analytic methodology, products and performance of competitors.
- Relationship Management:
- Able to develop working relationships with primary working group.
- Generate and share ideas with primary working group when prompted.
- Quantitative Analysis:
- Able to use appropriate tools to compile and analyze data.
- Perform basic-level analytics with guidance.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.