Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryWork with business customers to determine how Business Intelligence information and analytic solutions can be leveraged to support business strategies, capabilities, and processes. Accountable for full spectrum of business analysis functions for assigned workflows/projects of smaller to medium scope. Coordinate aspects of larger workflows/projects. This position is responsible for: Eliciting, analyzing, specifying, documenting, communicating and validating business intelligence requirements. Supporting the development of Business Intelligence capabilities and helps ensure alignment of these capabilities with Business Intelligence strategies and roadmaps. Executing user acceptance testing. Communicating business intelligence requirements to diverse stakeholder groups to create a shared understanding of the business needs. Acting as a liaison on Business Intelligence initiatives between business users and technology team.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Helps ensure that the business capability requirements align to the business and data strategy roadmaps.
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies, documents, communicates, and validates business intelligence requirements for assigned workflows/projects.
- Assists in the development of a requirement approach for business intelligence initiatives, including developing estimates and timelines for business analyst deliverables.
- Analyzes, produces and reviews requirement artifacts that are compliant, auditable, unambiguous, complete, consistent, understood clearly and meet the business and technical needs of the project.
- Leads user groups and defines requirements and business processes based on business need/priorities for assigned workflows/projects. May aid in the development of best practices.
- Offers insight and alternatives and obtains consensus among stakeholders. (May provide assistance to more junior staff where consensus difficult to reach).
- Ensures requirement traceability is established and managed throughout the project lifecycle on moderately complex projects.
- Facilitates and utilizes the best practices for user acceptance testing (UAT) including creation, socialization, and execution of UAT plans.
- Supports user groups and development of more complex documents, requirements and business process flows.
- Responsible for readiness, user adoption, support, including communication, training and rollout plans on business intelligence solutions.
- Responsible for the ongoing rationalization of business intelligence assets to ensure they are providing utmost value for business outcomes, under minimal supervision.
- Responsible for managing and fostering collaborative business and IT relationships.
- Understands the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Adheres to all data management practices and governance practices.
- Leads small to medium size projects and coordinates aspects of large projects as required.
- May provide guidance to more junior team members.
- Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business or equivalent education required.
- Two years analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Three years of related experience preferred.
- Three years of supporting the development of Business Intelligence solutions preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Basic project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion.
- Intermediate business acumen.
- Seeks opportunities to learn.
- Intermediate problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with others across functions.
- Experience and ability using Business Intelligence tools (as an end user) preferred.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.