Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder moderate supervision, the Associate Inside Sales Executive is responsible for managing and developing a small or less complex sales territory. Achieving success will include: building and further developing sales acumen and as well as ways to optimize the growth potential of assignments; exceeding or meeting year over year growth and profit objectives; utilizing Travelers sales tools within a consultative sales framework; developing competitor intelligence; and supporting team members in the region, home office, and business center on product, pricing, and agency management decisions. This position does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for management and profitable development of all small book of agency assignment.
- Accountable to build/maintain effective relationships with agents.
- Diagnoses agencies interests and ability to grow and motivates agents to succeed.
- Implements strategic marketing plans for territory to identify opportunities and potential challenges from which strategies and tactics are developed.
- Develops and executes bottom up Strategic Agency Management (SAM) Plans with consistent accuracy in meeting company objectives.
- Influencing the Sale:
- Assists with the development and executes sales and marketing initiatives to achieve growth and profitability objectives for assigned territory.
- Recommends a sales process that matches Travelers features, benefits, and solutions to agency needs.
- Influences agents to quote and sell Travelers to customers Insure that agency staffs are fully trained (products, automation for quoting and HQ in total).
- Assists and develop selected agents for reassignment to SE.
- Establishes rapport and provide a superior sales experience with prospective customers.
- Develops product, underwriting and sales knowledge to counsel and sell available Personal Insurance products.
- Stays current on all Travelers systems and product/pricing changes.
- 1 year experience in sales or sales support required.
- Prior experience in Call Center within Sales and/or Customer Service.
- Insurance knowledge required.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing others required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 2 years experience in Sales preferred
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Property/Casualty Personal Insurance industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with startup companies a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Personal Insurance products.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products with ability to manipulate data in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint quickly and accurately. Intermediate Knowledge and or ability to learn new programs quickly.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate ability to multi-task within a high volume sales center environment.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills required.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Strong Customer Service Skills to include problem resolution.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.