Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryDevelop and enhance relationships within the independent agency system to create opportunities for customized products for Technology Specialty Commercial business. Solicit, negotiate and sell all aspects of technology business within a defined territory. Coordinate services (claim, loss control and etc.) and distribution strategies to enhance Technology's local presence and relationships with customers and agents/brokers.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute the sales strategies for Technology throughout territory to meet the profitability and production objectives for the territory.
- Sell industry segment underwriting and service capabilities to agents and brokers.
- Identify and develop opportunities to achieve profitable growth through new business production and retention of renewal business throughout the territory.
- Identify and develop long-term relationships with the independent agencies within the territory to enhance the sales efforts.
- Provide ongoing customer service delivery and problem resolution to agents/brokers who write technology business within the territory.
- Develop, analyze and share competitive market place information to identify and create a competitive sales advantage for Technology.
- Work with Technology Regional Underwriting Units to help identify and design product and service development needs for technology business.
- 3 years of experience in sales, underwriting or related field.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- IIA course work (CPCU, ARM, etc.) desirable.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Extensive knowledge of the property/casualty insurance industry, with specialized knowledge of technology business being an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all parts of the Technology business segments.
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible underwriting and/or marketing within the insurance industry with preferably some experience/knowledge handling technology business.
- Strong communication skills, including highly developed presentation skills.
- Must possess a strong ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective influencing skills, including an ability to develop and coordinate the appropriate resources and work groups.
- Demands the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.