Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, provide the Underwriter with account knowledge as it relates to hazards, controls, and management. They will need to evaluate how a company identifies and manages their inherent risk factors. Additionally they are expected to differentiate the account from others in similar classes of business. In this role the consultant will be working with our larger, more complex and all lines accounts. This role reports to the Risk Control Field Director Managing Risk Control Consultant. This job does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Partnering and having joint ownership with Underwriting to select, retain, and grow a profitable book of business.
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with Underwriting, Claim, Risk Control Specialists, and Brokers to service customers as a unified team.
- Writing technically detailed reports that communicate a clear assessment of risk and effectively articulate recommendations.
- Discovering and evaluating customer needs through loss analysis and customer readiness in order to provide Risk Control products and services to help control losses.
- Staying current with technical subject matters, regulatory environment and emerging issues.
- Creating a valued customer experience through each assessment and service encounter.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in environmental health and safety, engineering, construction management, basic sciences and related technical fields required.
- 8+ years of experience in risk control or safety related positions in industries such as construction, manufacturing, or military required.
- Mastery knowledge of business insurance lines of coverage and contractual risk transfer required.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Must have or be able to attain appropriate certification to meet specific state requirements where applicable.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Insurance industry acumen.
- Graduate degree in related field.
Licensing or Certificates
- Recognized relevant certifications (such as ASP, CSP, ARM, CFPS)
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical aptitude, detail oriented.
- Superior communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with all others.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Influencing skills that effectively drive business needs.
- Negotiating change to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Ability to give and receive coaching and feedback.
- Driving (Daily).
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.