Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryBegin your career at Travelers as a Sales Consultant! This position is 100% work from home and no prior insurance experience is needed.
We are looking for individuals who have exceptional sales and/or customer service experience. Qualified applicants must have a positive attitude, strong communication, analytical and computer skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a high-volume call center environment.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package starting day one! Compensation includes an annual base pay between $34K-35K, depending on location. With an uncapped monthly sales incentive program, average performers can earn an additional $15K+ annually and top performers can year an additional $25K+ annually.
In addition to great earning potential, Travelers has a rich history and a culture committed to delivering great service to our customers. We offer an excellent Benefit package - including Health Insurance on Day One, immediate 401(k) participation with a 5% company match and a list of other benefits to serve your health and financial needs. In addition, we are a great Community partner and strive to achieve Sustainability. https://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/
The Sales Consultant role consults and counsels prospective customers via inbound telephone calls to sell Travelers insurance products, as well as makes recommendations on products that best suit each customer. Our collaborative work environment allows our Sales Consultants to continuously develop themselves further to provide the absolute best customer service possible. In this role you will gain an understanding of our Personal Insurance products through our comprehensive training program making you an expert in Travelers Personal Insurance. In this role, Bilingual Sales Consultants need to have a relentless desire to succeed in their career and are motivated to help our customers find the plan with which they are most comfortable.
We are hiring for one of the following schedules:
* Monday-Friday, from 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time
* Monday-Friday, from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Central Time
* Monday-Friday, from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time or
* Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time
The first 12 weeks are dedicated to on-the-job training. Following completion of training, Consultants are required to work 1 Saturday every 4 weeks, 1 Sunday every 8 weeks and 2 holidays per year.
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration. This job works under direct supervision and does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops working product, underwriting and sales knowledge to counsel and sell available insurance products.
- Learns to solicit all information necessary to produce quotes and close sales.
- Learns to develop underwriting exposures and make pricing decisions or recommendations to Underwriter (as appropriate).
- Learns to represent Travelers in a positive manner while building customer rapport.
- Develops basic telemarketing, sales and systems skills, build knowledge of underwriting criteria and guidelines, and increase product knowledge.
- Takes inbound and make outbound calls as they relate to the Direct Sales marketing channel. Understands the Travelers sales work flow and areas of focus to add customer value.
- Learning to demonstrate strong active listening skills to identify customer problems or objections.
- Learning to handle objections professionally while clearly articulating relevant product and corporate features, benefits, and value to the consumer, based on developing working product knowledge.
- Achieves and maintains the minimum required quality and underwriting metrics while consistently striving to improve.
- Receives and implements constructive feedback in the form of professional coaching.
- High school diploma or GED.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Prior call center experience preferred.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Personal Insurance Products preferred.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good computer keyboard skills.
- Developing system navigation skills.
Licensing or Certificates
- Travelers is committed to a positive customer experience that exceeds expectations and to meeting all compliance requirements. As a result, Travelers requires that all Sales Counselors/Consultants/Coverage Specialists obtain and maintain an insurance license (either Property and Casualty or Personal Lines) in your resident state.
- In addition, a nonresident license is required for each state in which incumbent will be conducting business. Each state will evaluate any/all criminal and financial background incidents to determine license eligibility. Applicants with a felony conviction or pending/unresolved court cases may not qualify for licenses in all required states.
- It is incumbents' responsibility to provide any/all required court documents needed to obtain your license(s). Travelers does not pay for and/or reimburse the cost or time needed to obtain any documents necessary to complete licensing applications.
- Failure to obtain any required licenses within six (6) months from date of hire may result in termination of employment.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Basic sales skills or aptitude.
- Strong math and problem solving skills.
- Able to multi-task within a high volume sales center environment.
- Able to demonstrate positive and professional demeanor.
- Problem solving and decision making:
- Basic ability to make wise decisions quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable to change.
- Able to demonstrate decisive judgment, resiliency and integrity.
- Desire to succeed with proven track record of success.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.