Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryWe are looking for a driven individual to assume a supporting role within the Personal Insurance Analytics team to support our Operations business partners. This role requires a passion for data with an analytic aptitude to deliver insights to empower superior decision making in Travelers' Personal Insurance.
The team analyzes customer and operations data, delivers post monitoring on business initiatives, provides analytics support to our Ops partners, performs proof-of-concept development and monitors the health of PI's Operational organization.
Positions within this family explore and profile data, draw business inferences, complete analysis and clearly articulate findings for a target audience. The individual in this role is expected to have a high level of partnership within assigned unit and across projects, and be an influential member of project teams, providing analytical insights to leadership and Business unit partners.
This job works under Moderate Supervision: Incumbent performs standard and routine assignments independently to conclusion; unusual problems which may require exceptions to procedures or processes are referred to the supervisor. Position accountable for performing core tasks of Descriptive Analytics (the exploration and investigation of past business performance).
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate on strategic projects with execution responsibility for assigned project sub-components.
- Recommend and execute solutions for assigned project to resolve challenges of an initiative.
- Execute work thoughtfully and efficiently as a team member to improve project team performance and timelines.
- Independently refresh analytic analyses, perform new analysis with guidance, and begin to apply judgment.
- Begin to take accountability for process efficiencies within assignments.
- Communicates progress, findings and results to manager and peers.
- Communicates technical topics to primary working group.
- May be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic talent within assigned Segment.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1 year of experience in quantitative analysis required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of quantitative analysis experience preferred.
- Developing understanding of insurance products and industry.
- Knowledge of Operational Effectiveness and Personal Insurance products a plus.
- Understanding of Advanced Analytics and appropriate uses of Model applications.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Perform basic-level analytics working more independently and effectively with awareness of materiality and reasonability, foreseeing more next steps.
- Able to use appropriate tools to compile and analyze data effectively.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office), programming (SQL, Python), visualization (MicroStrategy, Graph) and data aptitude (cloud).
- Has an understanding and knowledge of a few basic key business drivers and disciplines such as: underwriting, products, reinsurance, distribution, sales, operations, risk control, claim, and financials.
- Development of Leading Self, exhibiting self-awareness and seeking opportunities to learn while also starting to manage ambiguity.
- Begin to develop professional business relationships across the BI&A community within Segment.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion.
- Seeks opportunities to learn and to generate/solicit ideas from others.
- Analytical thinker, competent at analyzing quantitative data.
- Solution and action-oriented with a bias towards execution.
- Adept at multi-tasking and energized by a fast-paced work environment.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.