Allstate Benefits Call Center Team Lead - (Hybrid)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The Customer Care Center provides customer service support, via the telephone to policyholders, agents and brokers regarding organizational products and practice by providing prompt, efficient, accurate and high quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
The Customer Service Team Leader I is responsible for directing the activities of the Customer Care Center, an inbound call center, handling calls from policyholders, agents, employers and providers, by meeting or exceeding customer needs as well as corporate performance and regulatory compliance standards.Key Responsibilities
- Coaching and developing staff
- Ensure consistency across all teams in practice and delivery
- Developing and implementing an effective means of tracking/reporting trends that impact the ability of the call center to meet service goals
- Based on trending forecast, develop and implement an effective strategy to maximize effectiveness of available resources and to mitigate the negative impact to service levels.
- Articulate departmental goals and the relationship to Team and Individual goals.
- Regularly publish Team and Department performance results by charting trend performance to stated goals
- Develop a plan to effectively hold supervisors accountable for following guidelines on rep development and for tracking progress/results
- Overseeing and addressing complex customer issues
- Serves as a subject matter expert and can consult on complex issues within their discipline(s) from both an internal and external perspective
- Demonstrate competency in all management functions
- Strategic thinker, who continuously creates and executes process improvements
- Ability to lead, coach and develop team members and multiple Supervisors
- 5+ years experience in the life and health insurance industry
- Bachelors Degree required with a minimum of 3+years management experience in a call center environment
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Word
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Ability to align team performance for customer focus and success
- Leveraging Diversity and Conflict Management skills
- Previous experience with either Avaya or Verint.v11 applications is preferred.
Compensation range for this position is$59,500 - $103,300per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.