Territory Sales Consultant
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
Supports the growth and success of the Regional distribution channel and its new or existing independent agencies. Results achieved through effective agency consultations, acquisitions and retention process adoption, business planning, and deployment/staffing strategies. Uses a consultative approach to influence and coach independent agency owner behaviors, activities, and business processes.
The Territorial Sales Consultant (TSC) will profitably grow, manage premium, and market share in West Virginia (Charleston area) targeted markets and consumer segments, and achieve desired business results by developing, leading, managing, and implementing effective strategies, processes, and programs in the Independent Agency channel.
Achieve strategic objectives and business goals by leading all sales-related activity within a market, including but not limited to implementing strategic objectives by effectively consulting with assigned independent agencies, monitoring progress and making appropriate adjustments, and working with peers, Regional Sales Manager and Director, and other internal business units.
This will be achieved through:
- Creating and tracking performance to achieve strategic business plan outcomes for their market
- Prospecting and appointing new agencies to grow agency distribution
- Consult with Independent Agents to develop strategic business plans, provide advice on operations, identify issues and recommend plans for resolution, and facilitate access to resources
- Communicating messages to Independent Agents and staff, applying the message to the agency-specific business model, and assisting, as requested by the agency, to create an action plan to adjust operations accordingly
- Prospecting for, assessing, and recruiting candidates in accordance with the market deployment strategy
- Installing successful business practices and processes, as requested, through coordination with field and home office sales leadership
The Territory Sales Consultant is based in the field with a preference for individuals located in the Charleston, WV area and southern portions of the state and reports to a Regional Sales Manager (RSM).Key Responsibilities
This individual is responsible for the following:
Consulting & Process Support
- Acts as a strategic business advisor to the Independent Agents to achieve short- & long-term business objectives
- Listens to IAs primary business aims, goals, and challenges
- Suggests appropriate marketing programs and processes
- Consults on best leveraging agency staffing with a focus on how Encompass can help the agency achieve its goals
- Work with cross-functional business partners (e.g. product, claims, operations) to develop and implement market-specific sales tactics designed to achieve specific growth and profit goals and targeted business results
- Identifies operational opportunities within agencies, recommends solutions, and assists in development of agency action plans
- Monitors agency results to the annual plan objectives, communicates results to agency, and consults with agency to identify and recommend results-focused action plans as appropriate
- Identifies processes necessary to drive successful business practices in new and/or existing agencies and provide feedback to home office sales leadership
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to ensure successful and timely installation of needed processes as requested
- Regular and frequent travel to agencies is expected. May include overnight.
- Partners with Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to determine strategic deployment opportunities and support the successful execution of deployment plans
- Prospects for candidates, positions the agency value proposition and determines viability of partnership
- Works with appointed candidates on business planning, training, and onboarding their agency
Communication & Relationship Management
- Acts as an ambassador for Encompass with the agencies and takes ownership of messages delivered to individual agents, within agencies or in broader venues
- Communicates messaging on all relevant topics, including business objectives, sales promotions and incentives, compensation and bonus structure
- Customizes messaging for the specific agency, assesses the implications on agency operating model and collaborates on necessary actions
- Creates short term (1 year) and long term (3 year) strategic market business plans, and drives market performance to those plans, as directed by sales leadership
- Collaborates with Independent Agencies to assist with the creation of agency-specific short term (1 year) and long term (3 year) strategic business plans, periodically reviews and suggests adjustments as necessary to achieve results
Driving and Tracking Agency Results
- Consults regularly with agencies to drive results to meet the market production plan at a frequency specified by sales leadership
- Provide insight as requested to help inform effective corporate, regional, market and/or state-specific sales programs and strategies to drive results
- Continually evaluate current relationships with incumbent agencies and recommend termination of relationships with agencies that are not aligned to or supportive of Encompass strategic goals
- Ensure compliance with state, Encompass and/or Allstate rules, regulations, programs, and guidelines
- Anticipates and drives changes to work processes to support changing business tactics, including identification and recommendation of best practices, process improvements, and new tools.
- Highly-proficient in data manipulation, report analysis and analytical tools allowing for fact-based decisions in support of market objectives
Experience and Knowledge
- 5 years experience in a Property and Casualty field distribution leadership role
- Proven track record of strong sales performance
- 4-year college degree and Industry certifications preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Independent Agency channel, including industry competitors, major brokers, and national industry associations
Analytical and Technical Skills
- Business planning skills
- Business consulting skills - strategy formulation, problem-solving, and change management
- Analytical skills ability to assemble information, analyze data and deliver insights e.g. making market projections from trends and conditions
- Sales skills - knowledge of all aspects of sales cycles, processes and drivers
- Recruiting skills - Knowledge of candidate prospecting techniques, candidate development, agency economics, process installation, and onboarding/training techniques
- IT Skills - Ability to use Microsoft Office products and a variety of prospecting, quoting, and analytics dashboards
- Independent Agency IT Needs Ability to integrate Comparative Rater, AMS, automated re-quote systems and processes with Encompass systems
- Communication skills - Includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation, and relationship management.
- Relationship Management skills - Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Organizational and process management skills - Can engage resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
Preferred Licenses (including certifications)
- Property and Casualty license (preferred)
- Industry certifications (preferred)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.