Commercial Lines Production Underwriter
About the Role
Join a regional property and casualty insurance company doing business in more than 20 states as a Commercial Lines Production Underwriter for the state of Illinois. You will play a key role in building upon the foundation already established in the Midwest territory. You are charged with generating new commercial lines business opportunities and maintaining strong independent agency relationships in and around the greater Chicago area.
Duties & Responsibilities
Independent Agency Development: Manage a territory of independent agents. Ensure profitability & growth objectives for the region are being met. Strengthen key business relationships. Provide underwriting guidance to them.
Production Underwriting: Select, price, and develop coverage terms for commercial lines accounts to achieve profitable underwriting results. Review, accept, or decline new business applications based on underwriting guidelines and degree of risk involved. Maintain a profitable book of business within assigned levels of authority by using sound underwriting judgment and technical skills.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a background in insurance or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of the Chicago insurance market with established Property/Casualty agency relationships
- Minimum of five (5) years of commercial underwriting experience with a focus, in part or completely, on new business production
- Ability to create business opportunities by demonstrating excellent underwriting skills and product knowledge
- Location: Applicants should reside in the greater Chicagoland area. This is a remote, work-from-home position.
- Travel: Expected travel is 2 to 3 days/week to visit agents.
Apply for Commercial Lines Production Underwriter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly