Broker Relationship Manager
We're seeking a Broker Relationship Manager to join our rapidly growing commercial insurance subsidiary, Fairmatic. Fairmatic’s mission is to save lives on today’s roads by building a world-class commercial insurance proposition from the ground up that encourages our customers to be safer. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast growing, ambitious company that is looking to find new ways to delight customers in the commercial auto space.
The Fairmatic proposition is to build on 190 Billion miles of driving data to create a differentiated pricing and customer proposition that directly incentivizes our customers to be safer, which is unrivaled by our competitors.
As well as building a best in class insurance proposition, Fairmatic is proud to be building an organizational culture based on empathy, authenticity and diversity to truly build a great place to work.
Fairmatic is hiring a Broker Relationship Manager for our fast-growing insurance team. We're looking for a driven professional with proven experience developing, aligning and executing relationships with insurance brokerages, and enabling their success in selling insurance products to their clients. This role will report to our COO, and have responsibility initially for the whole of the US.
Please note: This is a remote (work from home) position that can be based anywhere within the U.S.
- Develop and manage a business plan and a quote pipeline to drive profitable premium volume and meet annual overall territory goals.
- Accountable for achieving territory financial results including new business, total written premium, retention and profitability.
- Develop broker relationships that foster long-term partnerships; understand and effectively leverage broker business opportunities, needs and performance objectives. Evaluate broker performance and initiate actions to capitalize on production.
- Appoint qualified brokers that demonstrate a need for our products and services and are committed to achieving the objectives negotiated in the annual plan.
- Accountable for all aspects of broker management including: training, annual planning, broker reviews, communications, new business assessment and managing accounts. Implement marketing programs to increase productivity and improve bottom line results.
- Develop internal working relationships with Sales, Solutions Engineering, Customer Success, Product Management, Finance, and Underwriting. Provide key reports and other support as needed to internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the marketplace, pricing and service offerings as well as industry and demographic trends; monitor key competitors within territory and report any changes that may impact the company's position in the territory and develop mitigation plans where appropriate.
- Manage assigned territory to generate expected results while ensuring brokers receive appropriate levels of service given segmentation.
- Master working knowledge of all company operations such as underwriting guidelines, procedures, and tools, policy and coverage provisions, service standards and claims processes, payment processing procedures, sales/customer relationship management applications and commission statement
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years experience managing insurance company relationships with brokers
- Strong knowledge of commercial lines insurance
- In-depth knowledge of company services, products, marketing techniques/principles and insurance industry trends
- Proven track record of revenue growth and sales success in a prior role
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the business including production management, underwriting, claims, and a good understanding of broker business operations
- Proven success in developing and building partnerships, decision-making and problem solving
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills, including presentation, effective influencing and negotiation skills
- High degree of customer focus, interpersonal relationship skills and problem-solving
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight required
If you've got what it takes to be a great Broker Relationship Manager, and want to join a fast-growing team that thrives on solving challenging problems, apply today! Please also feel free to contact us at recruitment@Fairmatic.com.
What we Offer:
- Comprehensive private medical insurance
- Balance: Fairmatic has an unlimited vacation policy
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings program
- Wellness: Monthly allowance for gym, yoga, or massage memberships
- Mobile: Monthly allowance for mobile data plan
- Internet: Monthly allowance for home internet
- Entertainment: Monthly allowance for Spotify Premium, Pandora, Apple Music, or Audible Silver subscription
- Learning & Development: Annual allowance to apply towards a professional development opportunity