Finance Senior Manager (Allstate Dealer Services)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Allstate Dealer Services (ADS) Finance works across multiple areas to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. We recommend innovative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. Our work includes timely reporting, critical analysis and essential financial projections as we interface with business leaders across the corporation.
Serve as independent business advisor, conduit of financial information and liaison to strategically position ADS for success (short and long term). Responsible for influencing ADS priorities and plans based on sound, compelling financial insights, consideration of risks and implications, and growth/profit opportunities. This role facilitates collaboration across all members of ADS on priorities and concurrently executes on strategically-focused initiatives. Leader within department for accurate and timely reporting and analysis of financial results. Maximize individual and team capabilities while building talent pipeline of future organizational leaders. Ensure ADS Finances credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting.
Develops and Implements Strategies to Forecast Financials and Optimize Return on Capital
- Combine traditional forecasting techniques with modern predictive modeling techniques to achieve accurate and timely financial forecasts
- Monitor and predict key risks to company objectives and develop strategies to mitigate those risks
- Utilize forecasting, expense allocation, and return on capital models to develop and track strategies to achieve financial goals
Develops, Leads, and Continually Optimizes Portfolio of Projects to Forecast Financials and Optimize Return on Capital
- Translates vision and strategies into roadmaps and projects
- Leads multiple, complex analytical and modeling projects with many team members
- Ensures projects are managed according to overall plan managing scope, mitigating risks and solving for project risks
Engages Product Development, Pricing and Sales Leadership to Forecast Financials and Optimize Return on Capital
- Presents business cases with senior leadership and influences cross-functionally to take, implement and deliver on recommended actions
- Achieves results on initiatives that contribute to growth and profit goals
- Encourages risk taking and innovation
Leads Managers and Builds and Develops Team Dedicated to Forecast Financials and Optimize Return on Capital
- Leads managers and those who are responsible for work that needs to be performed and/or their direct reports
- Actively participate and lead predictive modeling/financial analysis peer reviews
- Coaches, mentors and influences others to accomplish departmental goals
Education and Experience
- Prefer a Masters in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, finance, or economics or an actuarial designation (ACAS/FCAS) with a bachelors degree in a quantitative field
- 10 or more years of related experience
- High-level knowledge of general corporate finance
- Demonstrated depth and breadth of analytical expertise
- Knowledge of management/statutory accounting principles and general audit procedures
- Expertise in planning, forecasting and expense budgeting
- Deep understanding of how to drive shareholder value and returns through operational action
- Ability to serve as a trusted business partner with the ability to develop deep client-base and peer group relationships, influence and negotiate
- Ability to stay grounded and focused despite adversity, ambiguity and change
- Willingness to take calculated risks
- Inspire a positive team environment and motivate others to achieve better than expected results
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills manage through ambiguity, shifting timelines, resource constraints and limitations while excuting concurrent priorites and balancing tactical and strategic points-of-view
- Effective communication skills across multiple levels and mediums
- Demonstrated experience in talent and people management
Compensation range for this position is $130,000.00- $175,000.00per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.