Regional Sales Manager Group Life & Health Sales
Ullico Inc. is actively recruiting a Regional Sales Manager for the Chicago, IL/Midwest Region. This person must have experience in Group Life/Health sales and working with Labor/Public Sector markets. He/she will be responsible for introducing all insurance products to niche market and executing sales. This person will service existing customer base to preserve current business, and develop and/or maintain relationships with decision-makers at existing and prospective accounts including the Consultant, Broker and TPA professionals that represent the market. Respond to RFPs and pursues new business opportunities. Reports to Vice President of Sales.
The successful candidate:
- Explores assigned territory to solicit new business opportunities, responds to RFPs and makes capabilities presentations.
- Responds to needs of existing customer base and maintains existing relationships.
- Attends Trustee meetings to provide reports and maintain relationships.
- Develops expertise in Ullico Life & Health products, programs, and processes that are offered to the marketplace.
- Performs administrative duties to support the selling process including filing, preparing correspondence, account planning, etc.
- Forges service links with home office to service current clients.
- Plans itinerary and travels to clients for new business or to service needs.
- Attends regional and national conferences, meetings and other Labor events to build and develop relationships with market.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree and seven to ten years of experience in Group Life/Health sales, working with Labor/Public Sector markets. Excellent communication skills are essential for this role.
For over 90 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement, keeping union families safe and secure. From insurance products that protect union members, leaders and employers, to investments in building projects that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to trust us with protecting their families, employees, businesses and investments.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. For immediate consideration please include your cover letter and resume, including salary history. (please include position title in the subject line).