P&C Account Manager
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
Ally is currently looking to add Account Managers to its team in downtown Detroit. This is an excellent opportunity to use your experience to manage insurance accounts and grow your career.
The P&C Account Manager provides superior customer service for policy change, proof of insurance, and billing support to our auto dealer customers and supports the sales staff in completing applications and gathering supporting documents for submissions. Responsible for being the primary contact for customers, providing timely and accurate responses to all internal and external partners.
The Work Itself
- Respond to requests for application information, coverage, rating, billing and policy service.
- Responsible for generating certificates of insurance, ID cards, and processing surety bond requests
- Interact with underwriters at non-affiliated insurance companies to secure coverage not underwritten by Ally.
- Analyze financial statements and building information to determine recommended coverage limits
- Review employee census to classify employees into rating groups
- Responsible to ensure that new and renewal business information is collected and submitted in a timely manner and applications are completed accurately
- Support teammates with quality control peer reviews and to verify accuracy of proposals and policies
- Pursue personal development opportunities in industry, technical abilities, and interpersonal communication
The Skills You Bring
- MI Property and Casualty producer license preferred – if not currently licensed, Ally will provide training and licensing within 3 months of hire as required for the role. Ally will facilitate non-resident licensing in remaining 50 U.S. jurisdictions
- 3 + years in commercial lines insurance preferred. Insurance or Financial industry experience required.
- 3 + years business to business customer service experience
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Associate / Bachelor's degree in business related discipline preferred.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment
- Ability to perform technical tasks required to support ongoing business operations
- Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, Salesforce or equivalent CRM application, editing pdf documents, comfortable navigating Windows file folder structure
- Strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and adapting to change
How We’ll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at email@example.com. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.