Communications Sr. Consultant (Allstate Benefits)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Compensation Data
The minimum salary for this role is $59,500 and commensurate with experience.Job Description
This position will contribute to the Marketing and Training Department by using their expertise in communications and project management to support the transformational growth or “New House” initiative at Allstate Benefits. The goal of New House is to create a seamless, end-to-end solution from point of sale to point of claim. This build will include changes to Allstate Benefits products, the creation of new work processes and delivery of working software to the enterprise in two-week sprints. This will result in multiple changes across the organization. The effective communication of product enhancements, operating procedures, new user screens and other changes, is critical to New House's success. This position will work closely with the New House team and will report to the Director of Strategic and Digital Marketing.
Specifically, this position would be responsible for the following:
- Create and implement a communication plan for New House strategy targeting internal and external audiences
- Build out documentation and communicate changes to product, processes and technology within the structure of New House
- Create online resource for New House to serve as a central point of reference for information and communications
- Coordinate with our Training team in the build of targeted training initiatives
- Work with New House and Communications Leadership to determine and evaluate metrics within New House communications.
- Requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Insurance industry experience preferred
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related field such as communications, journalism or English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to read and interpret complex information
- Effectively build interpersonal relationship skills to establish working relationships with peers and colleagues
- The ability to ask the right questions, draw logical conclusions, and arrive at effective solutions
- Must be able to work on multiple projects and complete high-quality work against strict and conflicting deadlines
- Exhibit a can-do approach and aspire to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Assertive self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Must be able to conform writing to AP Style and internal editorial guidelines
- Must have advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and Adobe Professional
- Knowledge of SharePoint preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.