Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder moderate supervision provide support and direction to Contact Center/Claim Center Management Team in the areas of Contact Center/Claim Center forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning, and/or intraday management to make the best use of time, people and systems to meet the needs of the customers. This position does not lead others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and prepare preset reports and ad hoc managerial information as needed. Highlight prevalent information for management and when appropriate, make recommendations.
- Analyze and present daily staffing plans and anticipated call volumes to determine incremental staffing needs
- Proactively take action to reduce staffing deficits
- Communicate variances and drivers from prior results.
- Revise forecasts to allow for appropriate shifts in workload based upon demand and supply variables.
- Monitor system and react to queue demand, unexpected workload and/or call volume variations through skilling and scheduling adjustments.
- Analyze data from call management system to enact appropriate strategy to divert calls and/or staff to meet work standards and customer expectations.
- Communicate impact of strategy.
- Communicate system issues to Operations leadership and appropriate technical teams.
- Process calls from leadership and front line staff for real time schedule adjustments and other ad-hoc real time issues.
- Monitor voicemail box for reported absences, updating schedules, and forwarding to necessary leaders as outlined in best practices.
- Process email, SharePoint forms, and chat room requests from leadership and front line staff in accordance with guidelines.
- Provide excellent customer service while informing business partners through multiple contact channels.
- Participate in Workforce technology testing including validation of system updates/changes.
- Participate in large operational initiatives as a workforce management subject matter expert.
- Document processes and procedures. Make recommendations when processes and procedures should be updated. Communication changes to appropriate audience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position does not lead others.
- Minimum college degree or commensurate 2 years work experience in information management, finance, statistical analysis, Workforce Management, Claim or Contact Center experience.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Working knowledge of contact center operations
- Property Casualty insurance product and systems knowledge is preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Detail Focus
- Innovative perspective
- Proficient organization and time management skills
- Self-starter, self-motivator, self-disciplined
- Experience with Aspect, a plus
- Ability to effectively multi-task required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to promote as well as contribute to a team environment
- Strong customer service focus
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment
- Requires extended periods of computer use
- Requires extended periods of sitting
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.