Sales Representative (Base Salary, Uncapped Commission)
A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Why Liberty Mutual?
Positivity. Flexibility. Determination and a persuasive personality. Qualities like these cannot be taught. But they can be sharpened, strengthened, and appropriately compensated when you join Liberty Mutual Insurance. As part of our Field Sales Organization, you'll enjoy a diverse, supportive environment, along with a competitive compensation program, including base salary, uncapped commissions and a bonus structure, and comprehensive benefits. In this full-time role, you'll also stay ahead of the curve with industry-leading.
Bring your unique talents to our Fortune 100 company and receive paid-training and mentorships with successful representatives because we believe in supporting your success, not holding it back. Join our team and realize the rewards of a career with unlimited earning potential, uncapped commissions, residuals, and a portfolio of benefits that start on day one.
- $5000 Signing Bonus for licensed new hires
- Uncapped Monthly Sales Incentive with average monthly range of $2K-$3K
- Total Average Earnings:65k-$85k (first year)
- Starting Base $47,000 to $57,00K
- Potential for Top Sales Representatives to make over 100k annually
What we offer:
Training: We will support you through getting your insurance licenses and put you through Liberty Mutual's award winning training program all while you are getting paid. We will provide you all needed equipment and support you with developing partnerships within the local community.
Compensation: We offer a base salary, uncapped commissions, endless bonus opportunities and recognition trips. We also offer residual income as you are growing your book of business.
Product Offerings: We have a competitive suite of products that you will be able to offer your customers.
Benefits: This is a W2 position where your benefits will kick in on day one of employment. We offer a 401k with a company match, a pension plan, medical, dental and vision coverage options, 3 weeks of PTO, 12 paid holidays and discounts on some of our insurance products.
Advancement Opportunity: Liberty Mutual is consistently promoting from within. You are able to continue to grow a book of business by bringing on additional support under you as needed or even take a step out of production into a management role. We also offer many employee resource groups to offer further development in your career.
*This is an outside sales position where you will prospect to generate leads. You must have prior sales and prospecting experience to be considered for this role.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
Passionate salesperson: You'll use your knowledge and enthusiastic work ethic to generate prospects and sell Auto, Home and Life Insurance products within an assigned territory
Competitive go-getter: Ready to earn uncapped commissions and bonuses? You'll have your chance while engaging in friendly (and rewarding!) competitions with your sales team and the opportunity to win recognition awards
People person: Using your interpersonal skills and market insight, you'll identify and cultivate prospective clients, and tailor products and services to meet the needs of existing customers
Relationship builder: You'll play the long game, building strong relationships within local community and organizations, and maintaining open lines of communication for future sales opportunities
We are offering a $5k Sign On Bonus for new candidates that have an active P&C or active Life license!
*To qualify for the Sign-On Bonus, Applicants must be new (not applied in the past 6 months) and apply from 1/15 to 6/1 and started by 8/1 to qualify. Bonus will be scheduled on day 30 for next period pay out date. There is a 1 year payback clause if your employment is terminated prior to your first year anniversary
- Selling Auto, Home, Life and other insurance and annuity products to individuals within an assigned territory using consultative sales techniques
- Identifying prospective customers using established lead methodologies for new business
- Counseling and advising prospects and policyholders on matters of insurance coverage that is tailored to their specific situational need
- Developing and maintaining business relationships
- Making presentations to decision-makers of corporations to establish or maintain an Affinity relationship
- Participating in various incentive programs and contests designed to drive sales and exceed production goals
- Exceeding sales goals for volume of quality new business quoted and written within company guidelines
Liberty Mutual Insurance helps people preserve and protect what they earn, build, own and cherish. Keeping this promise means we are there when our customers need us most.
We believe that our success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success. Our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives every day. This is what drives our success!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience in sales or client service environment preferred
- Highly effective communication skills - oral, written and group
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing customers
- Organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a semi-autonomous, fast-paced environment
- Analytical skills to understand complex coverage details and underwriting guidelines
- This position requires that incumbents must attain and maintain current state insurance license in property, casualty and life