Manager Engineering- Digital Direct Sales
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do drives and shapes our vision and strategy at Liberty Mutual. As a critical technology organization within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital transformation that redefines how people experience insurance.
If you're a curious learner who has a passion for getting things done, thrives in an environment of servant leadership and has a wealth of Agile know-how, we want you to join our tech team! As an experienced Software Engineering Manager, you will lead dedicated Agile teams that incorporate customer-centric design thinking practices and standard Agile/Lean software development methodology. You will lead people by creating a shared vision, empowering and serving them by removing obstacles and helping them grow. You will constantly energize and enable your teams to rapidly and reliably deliver business value by engaging customers, continuously learning and adapting, and enabling teams to rapidly pivot.
More specifically, we are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, to lead a group of teams aligned with Distribution Technology - Direct Sales. These teams work on high priority GRM US strategic initiatives such as Auto Online Throughput, building features that enable a best in class digital user experience supported by an evolving, modernized technology stack. In this role, you will collaborate closely with other teams, managers, solution engineers and architects based in Boston, NH Seacoast, and Belfast, Ireland.
You are accountable for the delivery of quality software that brings value to Liberty Mutual and to our users. You ensure that your squads make performant and scalable technology choices. As a leader in this consumer-centric part of the organization, you keep the focus on providing customer value by urging and supporting a development process based on A/B testing, fast iteration, analytics, and user research.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to "helping people live safer, more secure lives" every day.
About the job:
- Participates in the development of business and/or IT vision, critical success factors and operating plans.
- Develops and communicates unit vision, strategies, critical success factors
- Hires and leads team of people; coaches, counsels, and develops team members. Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with organizational objectives. Evaluates team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations.
- Promotes and supports continuous improvement of individuals and teams.
- Initiates process and organizational improvement activities which enhance overall effectiveness; seeks ways to improve human resource and other management processes. Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts, performs or directs research on industry trends, competitors, business and IT products, and analyzes trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Ensures system, technical, and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline and at least five years of IT experience.
- 5-7 years' experience related experience, including previous experience in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment.
- Working knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of business operations, objectives, and strategies.
- Experience leading teams of 10+ software engineers in an Agile development environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading Agile software development teams to quantifiable results.
- Experience leading development teams through re-platform or modernization efforts.
- Experience cultivating a culture of continuous improvement and delivery.
- Strong technical acumen and passion for engineering excellence.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.