Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe primary role of the Senior Regional Risk Control Consultant is to: Assess complex risks in a variety of industries by working collaboratively with Underwriting; Act as a service consultant for a variety of industries including complex and/or multi-location accounts; and to Assist the Field Director in technical knowledge transfer through quality evaluations of risk control work products, both risk assessments and service that aids in overall staff development. This role reports to the Risk Control Field Director.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Completing all lines risk assessment evaluations for accounts with high complexity in a variety of industries such as manufacturing, warehouse operations, products liability, construction, National Accounts.
- Identifying uncontrolled exposures to influence the customer to make improvements and take corrective actions to mitigate the potential for loss.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with Underwriting, Claim, Risk Control Specialists, Agents and Brokers to service customers as a unified team.
- Writing technically detailed reports that communicate a clear assessment of risk and effectively articulate recommendations.
- Discovering and evaluating customer needs in order to provide Risk Control products and solutions to assist the customer in risk mitigation.
- Responsible for leading the team in staying current with technical subject matters, regulatory environment and emerging issues.
- Mentoring and coaching risk control consultants to effect knowledge transfer.
- Conducting Quality Assessment reviews of completed reports and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in business, environmental health and safety, engineering, construction management, basic sciences and related technical fields required.
- 12 years experience in risk control required.
- Must have or be able to attain appropriate certification to meet specific state requirements where applicable.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Strong insurance industry and business acumen preferred.
- Graduate degree in related field preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Recognized relevant certifications (such as ASP, CSP, ARM, CFPS).
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Organization skills with detail orientation.
- Superior communication skills including listening, written, and verbal.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with all others.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with team/peer leader experience.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Influencing skills to champion business needs and change.
- Ability to give/receive coaching and feedback.
- Good platform skills in order to communicate with larger groups of people in a business setting.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.