Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThis position uses data and analytics to drive business results; leverage internal and external information to identify quantifiable and actionable opportunities for the business unit and is responsible for reporting, monitoring, analyzing data and trends, and communicating these business results across various audiences and partnering on strategic initiatives to ensure optimal outcomes.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses analytics to explain business results, monitor business strategies and identify actionable opportunities
- Uses data visualization and storytelling skills to effectively communicate insights.
- With direction, leverages industry best practices, market data and technology trends to identify business opportunities.
- Effectively works with cross functional teams on varying business initiatives
- Provides information that can help influence business strategy and help to prioritize investments based on translating insights to business value
- Collaborates with IT and data management teams to ensure correct data is persisted for business critical analysis
- Builds relationships with IT, Actuarial, Operations, Finance, Data Management and Claim functional areas.
- Can manipulate raw data and work towards the ultimate design required to meet business requests.
- Begins to interpret data to recognize patterns and analyze trends.
- Completes reasonability and validation tests with direction.
- Supports Proofs of Concept to inform business strategies.
- Monitors performance indicators and identifies possible improvements.
- Supports assessment of the financial impact of recommendations.
- Bachelor's Degree and one year of business analytics experience; or equivalent experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) preferred.
- 2+ years of analytics or related experience preferred.
- 2+ years working successfully with Microsoft office products or similar products preferred.
- Exposure and some working knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL preferred.
- Working knowledge of analytic concepts preferred.
- Experience with Descriptive Analytic practices and processes preferred.
- General business knowledge preferred.
- Working knowledge of insurance products/concepts preferred.
- Experience working on teams preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Working understanding of the business functions of businesses supported.
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication skills.
- Intermediate ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Working understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Intermediate ability to drive tasks to completion.
- Intermediate Computer Skills in Excel and basic skills in database programming language and/or related applications.
- Intermediate problem solving and decision making skills.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.