Sales Agent - Life & Health
Looking to progress your current sales career? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic sales environment with real opportunity for career growth and advancement? Do you thrive in a performance driven environment where your results are directly recognized and rewarded?
VelaPoint and National General Insurance is the fastest growing Accident & Health (A&H) and Property & Casualty (P&C) insurer in the United States and is recognized for our experienced leaders, entrepreneurial culture, and energetic environment. We are searching for enthusiastic, motivated, and dedicated Sales Agents to join our growing team in the Portland (Hillsboro), OR office.
Prior sales experience is not necessary but the motivation and passion for being a successful salesperson is a must! We offer a multi-tiered and in-depth paid training program to provide you with all the tools you need to be successful in our inbound sales center environment. Training covers the Accident & Health insurance industry, VelaPoint/National General products and systems, and proven sales techniques to empower you for success.
Our high performing first year sales agents earn an average of $60,000 to $70,000 per year with an hourly base pay and uncapped commissions and incentives. Second and third year agents’ average yearly earnings of up to $85,000. Top agents earn $115,000+!
- Don’t have your Health agent license? – We’ll pay for you to get your license!
- Already have a Life & Health license? – Receive a $500 bonus for being licensed!
- Signing bonuses? – Complete our Training program and receive up to $1,500 in signing and training bonuses!
What makes VelaPoint / National General Insurance unique?
- Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products from our partner carriers
- Entrepreneurial, performance-based and results-focused culture
- Company paid training
- Above market compensation plan with unlimited earning potential
- Plentiful, highly-converting qualified leads
- Internal advancement opportunities – grow with us!
- Agent, Senior Agent, Executive Agent
- Team Lead, New Hire Team Lead, Site Leader
- Sales contests, prizes and competitions
- Fun and relaxed work environment including arcade games and ping pong
Agents are focused on selling, selling and more selling and on reaching daily, weekly and monthly sales quotas. Calls are routed by lead source, and, with our closely monitored sales system, your manager can identify the types of leads that you’re most successful with.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Practice sound industry and business ethics
- Learn product features, marketing and sales techniques necessary to perform duties and achieve company goals
- Handle inbound and outbound calls to assist with enrollment, renewal and service client accounts
- Sell insurance product to new and existing clients
- Assess client needs and goals, and recommend appropriate products
- Follow internal process and procedures to ensure that transactions are handled in accordance with company and agency policies, practices and guidelines
- Meet production goals as established, while maintaining quality standard for all lines of insurance
- Provide excellent customer service with a positive attitude
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- A&H Sales – Health and Life license or ability to acquire within 60 days of hire
- Ability to navigate multiple screens at once
- Highly competent at multi-tasking
- Must have high attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to overcome objections
- Must meet department KPI’s and be coachable; accept constructive assessments
- Willing to take feedback and implement it immediately
- Thrives in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Has an outgoing, upbeat, and positive attitude
- Dedicated to providing excellent customer service
- Must be a team player
- Highly motivated and goal driven
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- May be required to alternate schedule; working evenings and weekends to accommodate schedule needs during to meet open enrollment periods
- Prior Accident and Health insurance industry experience
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.