Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder General Direction, provides financial, analytic and marketing support to assigned Personal Insurance Field Sales region(s). Partners with RVPs, Channel CFO, Regional Directors within Sales Operations, and agency managers to set and achieve targeted PL business results. Incumbent manages others. General Direction Defined: Establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Generally final results are reviewed.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts post audits on regional marketing, underwriting, and pricing programs to determine financial impact on region's business results, and identify opportunities for program improvements.
- Interprets and communicates controllable Income at countrywide, regional and individual sales staff levels.
- Monitors financial and production results to ensure accuracy, assess impact, and identify opportunities for improving business results.
- Assists RVPs in developing and monitoring regional budget, including production and expenses.
- Analyzes and identifies opportunities for improving expenses.
- Analyze financials for business activities with agencies and other parties. (e.g. Book/block transfers.
- Recommends action steps or strategies to regional and senior management.
- Accesses management information from various systems. Formats, analyzes, interpret sand presents information to regional and senior management.
- Makes appropriate recommendations and negotiates with agencies on compensation.
- Assists in identifying, analyzing and preparing recommendations and negotiating regional and national business opportunities (e.g., agency deals, etc.) with clients.
- Obtains multiple assessments of a situation, review facts, weighs options and recommends most advantageous course of action to influence business results.
- Systematically identifies problems and evaluates alternative solutions. Uses appropriate tools. using appropriate tools to define problems.
- Strategic Planning:
- Assists RVP in developing and implementing marketing strategies with assigned agencies to achieve positive business results.
- Manages multiple projects/tasks at once for timely and quality results.
- Manages a staff of Field Sales Operations Managers, Sales Specialists, or Administrative Assistants.
- Provides regional staff with guidance on strategic direction of the region and assists in motivating staff toward desired business results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales operations functions.
- Minimum of 2 years management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of financial reporting structure and reporting systems.
- Thorough understanding of the Property-Casualty business, Personal Lines and the Independent Agency system.
- Thorough Personal Insurance product knowledge.
- Thorough understanding of insurance business financials.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Personal lines business experience preferred.
- Thorough Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access software.
- Knowledge of Personal Lines systems preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Not Required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to draw conclusions from analysis and make initial recommendations.
- Advanced ability to analyze multiple sources of information and develop alternative solutions. Advanced ability to quantify impact of various activities.
- Strong communication skills and advanced ability to clearly present ideas and concepts (orally and written) to management, regional staff, customers, other stakeholders and influence outcomes.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Advanced business acumen with Sales and Marketing knowledge.
- Advanced ability to effectively negotiate with business partners while building/maintaining long-term relationships.
- Advanced ability to plan and manage a project through implementation, involving coordination with various business units.
- Familiarity with other distribution systems.
- Advanced Definition: Demonstrates advanced knowledge and ability and can apply the competency in new or complex situations.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.