Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryWe are seeking an ambitious, passionate, results focused & collaborative Transformation leader to join our Travelers Enterprise Customer Experience (CX) team. The Journey Transformation Coach will function as key member of the core CX Journey Transformation Center of Excellence and will support the build and scale of the CX Journey capability across the enterprise. This position will report to the Enterprise CX Journey Transformation Operations leader and will work closely with Journey Owners and CX Journey delivery teams. As a key leader in the Enterprise CX Journey Enablement Center, this role will act as the CX journey method mentor/coach to the journey teams.
NOTE: This role is a full time on site position in Hartford, CT once our offices open back up again. This will not be a remote position after our offices open up.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies deep expertise and practical experience to help the team drive better outcomes, promote innovation and achieve faster time-to-market
- Coaches CX Journey Core team and Journey Owner to help ensure overall success of the journey; provides coaching and training at the program and team levels.
- Own mobilization and kick-off for new journey transformation and existing journey recalibration, developing mobilization plan and leading the Circle in the Journey mobilization plan execution
- Continuously assess the CX maturity of teams and individuals, educating and mentoring them to address gaps and empower them to lead the Journey Workflow
- Responsible for driving understanding and adoption of Journey Workflow throughout the enterprise
- Maintain relationships across the enterprise to provide CX thought leadership and ensure a continuous flow of feedback into ECX
- Manage ongoing improvements to the Journey Workflow and supporting materials
- Innovates with practices and frameworks through experimentation to improve journey team's delivery.
- Understands and encourages engineering innovation and improvement to support team delivery.
- Actively creates and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as communities of practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and CX Journey method capabilities.
- Establishes collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders at various levels of the organization and team members to help them in their evolution of adopting CX Journey methodology.
- Acts as a change agent, motivating and helping to make CX transformational change happen at Travelers.
- Influences at all levels of an organization and helps implement recommended changes.
- Supports the creation of an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, quality and speed to market.
- Builds relationships with other organizational CX Journey teams to increase the effectiveness and scale of CX Journeys across the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of experience in a delivery organization required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Technical or Business preferred.
- 5+ years of working as an Agile practitioner. Industry experience as a scrum master, product owner or coach preferred.
- Customer Journey transformation experience preferred
- 3+ years' experience leading/facilitating large group activities, learning, workshops or experiences with success and consistency preferred.
- Experience working with third party suppliers, partners and coalitions.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Possesses entrepreneurial spirit, innovative and futuristic mindset
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Critical thinker, strong judgement
- Collaborative leader, who seeks alignment and establishes productive relationships at different level of the organization
- A flexible attitude and strong business intuition for solving complex problems and identifying innovative solutions
- Agile expert, with deep understanding of theory as well practical experience. Up to date with latest Agile learnings and innovative techniques
- Demonstrated transformational leadership skills.
- Ability to partner with and influence others at all levels of the organization; ability to effectively work with Scrum Masters, Journey Owners and Journey Team; navigation and organization savvy; ability to respectfully challenge and build followership.
- Advanced ability to express ideas clearly and concisely through excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deliver on results without formal authority.
- Ability to effectively work in a matrixed environment.
- Build and drive best practices.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.