Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement long and short term business strategies to effectively achieve profit and growth objectives for assigned location(s).
- Participate in the development of strategic business planning activities that are designed to increase the present in the market to mid-size, industry specific commercial products; retain the appropriate mix of business; and achieve overall growth and profit objectives.
- Participate in the establishment of underwriting and marketing strategies and standards that reflect local market competitive conditions and, at the same time, meet our growth and profit goals.
- Direct all marketing and underwriting activities to ensure that production and underwriting objectives with respect to profitability are achieved.
- Marketing and underwriting responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting with agency personnel to maintain and develop positive and productive relationships. In this capacity, assures that our contractual commitments are met. Representing the company and our underwriting strategy in the location(s) to agents, employees and the community.Working with PL, Bond, National Accounts and Claim as appropriate to support market penetration objectives.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Direct and manage the delivery of excellent account administration services.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal resources (e.g., LP&E, Claim, Operations, etc.) to ensure delivery of all related service to Commercial Account clients.
- Perform all necessary staff management functions to support profit, growth and expense management goals.
- Minimum 4 years property-casualty underwriting experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor degree.
- Typically has 6-8 years of relevant underwriting experience.
- Understands Commercial Accounts products, financials, objectives and service requirements.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Consistently sets clear direction by defining goals and priorities
- Makes sound decisions
- Develops a high degree of trust through demonstrated personal integrity, ethics and a commitment to doing the right thing
- Energizes others to commit to achieving the highest standards
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages everyone to act in the best interest of the company
- Business Knowledge
- Clearly demonstrates specific knowledge requirements as defined by Commercial Accounts
- Knows how to get things done Underwriting and Marketing
- Strong marketing and technical underwriting skills necessary to achieve established and stretch business goals
- Recognizes and acts on opportunities to penetrate new markets to increase market share
- Takes intelligent risks
- Professionally correct
- Understands the business objectives and can act in a decisive manner to achieve financial results
- Customer Focus
- Identifies customer needs and takes appropriate action to meet those needs
- Acts with a sense of urgency
- Strong knowledge of competitive market conditions
- Works effectively with all levels and can easily build new relationships Teamwork
- Establishes strong coalitions and networks both within and outside the Division/Company
- Self Management
- Takes responsibility for decisions and actions
- Manages own work, and directs the work of others
- Understands the business and responds to all related issues, concerns and problems
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.