Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision manages a team of 12-18 Sales Counselors in a call center environment. Responsibilities include the development of staff and processes to ensure high quality service to all customers and to enhance marketing, sales, and underwriting performance. Support leadership team by handling day to day operations of a sales team.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Allocates resources (staff, dollars, and training) to meet unit sales and business goals.
- Mentors, trains, and coaches to foster development and professional growth.
- Initiates and fosters teamwork within the team and with other teams to create and maintain an environment of partnership, quality service, and superior sales results.
- Serves as a resource on sales process, procedures, and techniques by maintaining and enhancing product, process, communication and sales skills.
- Manages team and individual goals and performance measures, monitor progress toward these goals.
- Conducts team meetings to keep staff informed regarding processes, goals and results, and procedural or policy changes.
- Accountable for decisions related to hiring, promotions, compensation and termination decisions for team.
- Reviews day to day operations and quality to ensure adherence to all policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensures unit & departmental performance measures are met or exceeded including inbound call management and outbound call performance.
- 1 year insurance, call center or business experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College degree preferred.
- 3 years insurance, sales center or customer sales environment preferred.
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred.
- General knowledge of business products, processes and procedures.
- General communication, negotiation, supervisory and people development skills.
- General performance management and problem solving skills.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong knowledge of product and associated processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong keyboard and systems navigation skills
- Skillful with Word and Excel
- General knowledge of business center/insurance operations.
- Superior customer service and policy service skills.
- Solid interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Solid problem solving skills.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.