Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryAs a member of the Business Insurance Operations team, this position provides holistic solutions to our customers making Travelers the undeniable carrier of choice. Position entails two primary functions; the employee will have one of these functions as a primary responsibility and will provide workload support for the other function as needed: 1-New business quote entry 2-New business quote follow up and issuance Accountable for quote production and successful transitioning customers from a buying agreement to policy issuance in a solution focused, growth-oriented organization. Performance goals are focused on supporting operational sales and cross-sell objectives. Use computer systems to process transactions and interact with our customers through a variety of channels (phone, email). Participate in an in-depth new hire training program and continuous development designed to ensure: - Thorough understanding of how our systems work - Broad knowledge of offerings, products and coverages - The Travelers mission and purpose is understood, applied and modeled for others
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with Sales Advisors, Underwriting, agents and our customers to support the quotation and issuance of new business accounts across all states
- Leverage proprietary systems, standardized processes/procedures and authority level to produce a quality product within established timeframes
- Efficiently research on-line resources to identify underwriting exposures, complete quote process and identify coverage needs.
- Promptly and professionally obtain additional information from agents and customers needed to complete the quote or issuance process via their preferred method of communication; e.g. email and phone.
- Coordinate with Sales Advisors to ensure the agent and customer have a seamless transaction.
- Efficiently research on-line resources to complete quote process and identify coverage needs
- Promptly and professionally obtain additional information from agents and customers needed to complete the quote or issuance process via their preferred method of communication; e.g. email and phone
- Utilize available published best practices as well as experience and knowledge to decline, modify, rate and quote accounts
- Analyze account to determine applicable credits to support improved sales outcomes
- Multi-task and manage workflow from various sources (external campaign partners, internal transfers) and channels (inbound/ outbound phone and email)
- Develop and maintain strong agency relationships
- Develop knowledge and stays current on available Small Commercial Insurance products, underwriting, market place trends, sales processes and features
- Receive and implement constructive feedback in the form of professional coaching
- Achieve and maintain the minimum required quality and underwriting metrics while consistently striving to improve performance
- Adhere to audit and compliance requirements
- Advance the business by participating in projects/initiatives aimed at increasing operational efficiency as applicable and other duties as assigned.
- May mentor peers and assist in new hire training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years professional work experience.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office software skills.
- Intermediate level verbal and written communication skills.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Ability to build and maintain professional and positive relationships.
- Intermediate or advanced understanding of the sales process preferred.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency and effectively multi-task in a production-based environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, including working with remote peers and leadership.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
Licensing or Certificates
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Commercial Property/Casualty License preferred although may be required based on responsibilities.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Establishes strong relationships and networks within Select Business and Underwriting Centers, the Travelers Enterprise and externally.
- Analytical, Problem Solving & Decision Making: Manages own work; takes responsibility for decisions and actions; quantitative reasoning, critical thinking skills. Strategic and independent thinking.
- Communication: Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization: Strong organization and time management skills - ability to manage multiple tasks; prioritize and work effectively in a fast paced, decision oriented environment.
- Change Management: Adaptable and able to thrive in a changing environment.
- Technology Skills: Able to learn and navigate multiple systems in a paperless environment.
- Customer Experience: Provide excellent customer service to agents and internal business partners ensuring they feel secured, respected and cared for.
- Active Listening: Demonstrate strong active listening skills to identify and resolve customer problems or objections.
- Results and Solution Oriented: Compelling drive and high energy level, hardworking, reliable with strong learning capability and willingness to help in any way to support business objectives.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.