PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Exciting new opportunity to join a growing, innovative Marketing team. This role will allow you to provide creative expertise, strong technical and writing skills to deliver top-quality copy to produce engaging videos that help showcase why ICW is recognized as an industry leader. The purpose of this position is to make an impact and tell stories through video and be a key player who understands the impact video makes on our brand and for our company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads creative direction and production oversight of video content.
- Serves as in-house producer, driving production for remote videos, webinars, webcasts, and live shoots, bringing the creative vision for a video project to life from pre-production to final product.
- Directs video productions ranging from single-camera productions to multi-camera field and studio productions. This includes interacting with and guiding subjects/talent and others through the production process.
- Operates and/or directs the operation of professional cameras, audio equipment, lighting equipment and related equipment to effectively record a variety of program materials. Recommends minor and/or major production changes to obtain the most appropriate and effective materials.
- Manages production logistics, negotiates deadlines, and provides constant communication with production team and various other Team Members of the video shoot. Collaborates with business leaders to choreograph, orchestrate and project manage each video production. Manages studio equipment to ensure video and audio equipment is always maintained and operational.
- Manages third-party vendors to repair damaged video and audio equipment and acquire replacement equipment (rental or new) to minimize studio downtime.
Executes pre- and post-production deliverables to ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
- In advance of video productions, coordinates production team, production schedule, locations, and equipment. Ensures proper operation of equipment required and tests or oversees the testing of cameras, tapeless media, microphones, lights, video monitors and related equipment.
- During postproduction, edits and/or directs the editing of recorded video, audio, and other materials to meet time, aesthetic, ethical and quality standards. Applies professional experience in the operation and implementation of audio mixing, music mixing and sound effects. Provides color correction for all video content. Executes compression and encoding of video content for online use, research stock footage and stock photo elements.
- Manages the preparation, duplication, and delivery of video and related materials for a variety of distribution channels; maintains the video asset library.
Transforms strategic video initiatives from vision to production.
- Creates shoot-ready scripts for video and multimedia programs to enhance the company brand. Works with videographer to edit and adjust scripts as needed.
- Creates all writing aspects from pre-production through post video production, including developing content, shot-by-shot rough storyboard based off script or mockups and animations for visual concepts, and writing video scripts/treatments across a diverse range of shoot styles (including remote, in-studio, and live).
- Develops and researches ideas for original video content. During script development, collaborates and solicits feedback from subject matter experts, gathers input critical to the story and guides the script through its various iterations until ready for production.
- Creates stories that connect external and internal audiences using compelling and original material.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
You must meet ONE of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Multimedia Technology/Production, Television and Film Communication, Theater, Journalism, Public Relations, Graphic or Commercial Arts, or a closely related field.
- Associate's Degree in one of the above fields AND one year of full-time multimedia production experience in a multimedia/graphics production center which MUST include the following areas:
- Experience in all aspects of professional video production including camera work, editing, and other production and postproduction functions.
- Video preproduction including script writing and programming development.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project Management certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Technical experience in shooting and editing video for internal and external audiences, including social media and web; technical experience in professional lighting and audio recording equipment. Experience with Adobe CC, including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and other editing software; technical knowledge of codecs, exporting, transcoding, and compressing video files. Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Leadership is a must. Ability to produce high-quality results, all while under tight time constraints, to make creative decisions, be motivated and organized to meet deadlines while assuring high technical and aesthetic standards. Uses expertise of production equipment and gear, camera and lighting setups, and experience directing on set to guide videography efforts. Possess an understanding of current video production and editing trends including, but not limited to, web, social media, television, etc. Ability to pay close attention to detail, organizational skills, editorial flow, and understanding of the different phases of video production. Excellent writing skills and strong presentation skills; comfortable working with high-level, corporate executives and business leaders. Must be comfortable taking direction, working in a shared workspace, and keeping a positive, friendly, and team-first attitude. Ability to take initiative, problem solve and take pride in the work while continuously developing skills. Willingness to work different schedules including occasional weekends as needed on productions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to read small labels.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Problem-Solver.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.