Remote: Virtual Sales Leader - Sr Consultant
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The Virtual Sales Consultant is responsible for “owning” the market to which they are assigned and achieving Encompass Sales Objectives – which include but are not limited to – ensuring strategic, long-term profitable growth and increased market share to grow regions and diversify footprint and working with immediate teams, regional product manager, alternative distribution and key accounts manager and other internal business units.Key Responsibilities:
- Analysis of current market leveraging internal reports to identify gaps in production, profitability and/or retention
- Outbound calls to have consultative conversations with Encompass IA partners
- Independent Allstate agency support – identify operational issues within agencies, recommending solutions and opportunities and assists in development of agency action plans
- Tracking agency results by documentations and quote pursuits
- Communication with internal partners – conference calls and other
- Prospecting for new agency partners
- Agency establishment – agency contact for completion of onboarding paperwork
“This job does not have supervisory duties”Job Qualifications
- 3 years related sales or insurance experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with and influence agency owners, principals and staff; and associates with the internal Encompass organization.
- Experience in insurance product, sales management or general management
- Communication skills - Includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Relationship Management skills - Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Organizational and process management skills - Can engage resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interact with and influence agency owners, principals and staff; and associates within the internal Encompass organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Independent Agency IT Needs – Ability to integrate Comparative Rater, AMS, automated re-quote systems and processes with Encompass systems
- IT Skills - Ability to use Microsoft Office products and a variety of prospecting and quoting systems and to conduct business from a remote location
- Sales skills - knowledge of all aspects of sales process and drivers (examples include: projections, goals, targets, shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, compliance, quality)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.