Direct Sales Market Consultant (Remote-Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The Direct Sales Market Consultant will manage critical performance indicators and provide guidance and coaching to reach company targets. In this role, the person will observe day to day interactions between front line employees/customers and develop specific coaching plans to help frontline employees exceed goals. The position will be responsible for managing multiple goals, objectives, programs, policies, and procedures in a business area gained through experience and training.
- Work Hours: Must be flexible to work an alternate shift (such as second shift) and alternate work days (such as Tuesday-Saturday) as our Customer Contact Centers are open to serve our customers 24/7.
- Location: This is a remote position
- Note: Home Based Workers are required to have internet speed minimums of 50MBPS for download and 5MBPS for upload.
- Targeted Start Date: March 2021
Salary: $55,700 per year
- Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Learn more about Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
- Create a highly motivated and rewarding work environment using guidance, feedback recognition, empowerment, listening, valuing diversity, and acting as a role model for others.
- Develops strategies and objectives directed toward meeting unit goals, handling and resolving customer escalations, and exceeding customer expectations.
- Partner with leader to direct workflow of unit and assign job responsibilities according to unit goals, including the management of demand and capacity to ensure an exceptional, personal, and effortless customer experience.
- Support leadership with communication of vision and mission messaging, job performance standards, and work procedures.
- Identifies and addresses training needs by becoming a “Subject Matter Expert” in all critical processes, procedures, and business rules.
- Make recommendations/implement action plans to help employees succeed.
- Maintain production standards and measurement methods by aiding employees in interpreting information, understanding, and applying basic principles, policies and procedures.
- Effectively provide coaching, guidance, and feedback by practicing talk paths, expectation setting and sales techniques.
- Create and support an inclusive work environment.
Education and Experience
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience coaching and/or leading others is strongly preferred
- Candidates from HI, CA,MI, AL, and NY will not be considered
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Property & Casualty License in State of Residence (must be obtained within 90 days of hire if not already licensed)
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational management skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic economic, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.