Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision of the RSD, the Sr. Inside Sales Executive is responsible for managing and developing complex inside or outside Agency assignments. The percentage of your work as an Inside Sales Executive or an outside Sales Executive may vary depending upon the Regional markets and business needs. Percentages of time dedicated to inside vs outside could be, ex. 25% or 50% or 75%. This role utilizes an understanding of Travelers Personal Insurance products, systems and sales processes to drive best practices and improvements. This position may act as a team lead.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Advising Agents:
- Responsible for management and profitable development of all agencies within agency assignment.
- Accountable to build/maintain effective relationships with customers/agents.
- Will provide customer service to customers/agents over the phone at a level that is consistent with Travelers Business Center quality and productivity goals.
- Applies agency diagnostics.
- Diagnoses agencies interests and ability to grow and motivates agents to succeed.
- Completes strategic marketing plans for territory to identify opportunities and potential challenges from which strategies and tactics are developed.
- Develops and executes bottom-up Strategic Agency Management (SAM) Plans with consistent accuracy in meeting company objectives.
- Influencing the Sale:
- Development and execution of sales and marketing initiatives to achieve growth and profitability objectives.
- Articulates a sales process that matches Travelers features, benefits, and solutions to agency needs and influences agents to quote and sell Travelers to customers Insure that agency staffs are fully trained (products, automation for quoting and HQ in total).
- Agency Diagnostics:
- Assist and develop selected agents for reassignment to SE. Establish rapport and provide a superior sales experience with prospective customers.
- Develop product, underwriting and sales knowledge to counsel and sell available Personal Insurance products. Stays current on all Travelers systems and product/pricing changes.
- A pro rated portion of the job will require the incumbent to travel to assigned outside Agents.
- This position is a metrics based position with key business metrics for field visits and phone/virtual meetings.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional sales experience within the Insurance Industry is required.
- Ability to travel up to approximately 75% of the time is required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- BA/BS degree in Sales/marketing preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Valid driver's license.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrates strong sales acumen with the ability to identify Inside Sales Executive opportunities.
- Demonstrates leadership and strong interpersonal skills. Strong performance management and problem solving skills required.
- Clear and concise communication skills. Team work, including working across teams.
- Strong attention to detail, documentation, time management skills.
- Relentless desire to drive
- performance improvement in others.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Strong Customer Service Skills to include problem resolution.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Frequently
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.