Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Family Business Institute (FBI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Travelers. FBI facilitates executive peer groups which are exclusive gatherings of seven to ten CEOs where, with the assistance of a professional facilitator, non-competing leaders openly review their companies and share information in a focused effort to build breakthrough success for themselves, their families, their employees, and their customers. In addition, FBI offers consulting services that help family-owned and other closely held business owners and leaders make more money in less time with fewer headaches with a higher quality of life. Acting as a Peer Group Facilitator and Senior Consultant, the Business Consultant facilitates meetings of closely held business CEOs and executives and delivers one-on-one consulting services as assigned. The successful candidate will possess considerable business experience broadly applicable to executing FBI's peer group facilitation and one-on-one consulting programs while also having latitude to creatively address client needs. This role does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop relationships and facilitate peer group meetings of commercial construction CEOs and executives.
- Collect and analyze financials of peer group members.
- Work closely with peer group host companies in preparation for peer group meetings.
- Coordinate with other FBI staff for meeting preparation, logistics, and follow-through.
- Conduct peer group meetings on time, on task, and with exceptional quality.
- Hold peer group members accountable for follow-through on group recommendations.
- Deliver limited one-on-one consulting to peer group members to assist in goal attainment.
- Actively seek one-on-one consulting opportunities within the assigned peer groups.
- Deliver additional one-on-one consulting as assigned.
- Follow FBI's established processes and best practices for peer group facilitation and one-on-one consulting - and contribute to the continuous improvement of these processes and practices.
- Maintain accurate member/client records.
- Coordinate closely with other functions to maximize member experience and lifetime value.
- Provide input into developing and maintaining the peer group program operations manual.
- Participate in FBI strategic planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10 years of business experience required.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 5 years experience consulting with closely held business owners.
- Experience owning or operating a commercial construction business.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions.
- Demonstrable delivery of high quality work/service within agreed upon timeframes.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Able to communicate as a peer to highly successful, strong-willed CEO members.
- Equally exceptional team and individual performer.
- Helpful and highly responsive.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong, articulate communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Capable and comfortable with web-based applications integrated into FBI's established processes and best practices.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.