Senior Commercial Insurance Marketer
About the Role
The Senior Commercial Insurance Marketer feels like a throwback to a time when every insurance agency saw centralized marketing as a major component of their technical, in-house resources. How exciting is it to see retail brokers value the impact experienced commercial marketers can have on:
- Sales and revenue generation
- Client service and account retention
- Negotiations and relationship management
- Program development
- Vertical/niche driven expansion
Duties & Responsibilities
As an experienced commercial placement specialist, you will:
- Spearhead new and renewal marketing plans for the Greenville office’s commercial lines portfolio.
- Set timelines with sales and service staff to prepare submissions, anticipated negotiations and sales presentations.
- Support less experienced marketing, service and sales staff with growing their knowledge of market trends, rates, placement and underwriting negotiations.
- Evaluate claims data, pricing trends and coverage enhancements to compose the best possible, most comprehensive insurance program for clients.
- Find ways to creatively bring alternative funding, loss control and other company resources into the fold to enhance the client’s risk management plan.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of commercial insurance program structures, carrier placement strategies, resource identification and technical coverage issues
- At least five (5) years of Commercial P&C marketing, placement/brokering experience including finding appropriate markets for coverage and when necessary negotiating pricing and placement of such coverage
- Open to considering candidates with tenure with a retail agency, wholesale broker or Managing General Agency
Characteristics that will help make help make you successful in the Senior Commercial Insurance Marketer role include:
- A sales mentality. You embrace the production process and love working alongside producers to win business.
- You are collaborative and understand how to coordinate teams and resources to keep positive, profitable business on the books.
- Your desire to win business energizes experienced producers but also helps less experienced sales and service staff increase their knowledge, skills and capabilities.
$95k to $125k depending on experience