Commercial Insurance Marketing Account Executive - Power & Utilities
About the Role
The Commercial Insurance Marketing Account Executive position requires complex account risk management placement and client service experience in Top 10 insurance broker’s Power and Utilities energy division. It’s very likely from day one you’ll assume a $1MM+ (maybe even closer to $2MM) book of business. Here are some additional specs on the job opening:
- Top Job Responsibilities: Direct placement, brokering experience is paramount to this role. Marketing AEs in their model handle all direct underwriting negotiations as well as client engagement & relationship building.
- Important Technical Expertise: Expertise with complex pricing & program structures for Power & Utilities clients such as loss sensitive accounts, shared & layered programs, international exposures or Lloyd’s syndicates. Property coverage is the focal point of this role with the minimum individual policy being $5MM in premium.
- Work History: Retail insurance brokerage experience as a senior client consultant involved with placement and leading client engagement is required.
- Compensation: $150k+ total first year compensation. A combination of base salary + incentive comp.
- Location: Remote, work-at-home.
Skills & Experience
Given the highly specialized nature of this role, the firm is willing to consider 1 of 3 backgrounds:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar Marketing Account Executive role directly handling Power & Utilities energy accounts
- 5+ years of experience with a retail brokerage specifically directly marketing/placement/brokering activities for national property accounts in admitted and E&S markets (in this case the accounts do not need to be energy specific)
- 5+ years of property underwriting experience at an insurance company that specifically insures Power & Utilities organizations
- Types of accounts in their Power & Utilities practice include Regulated Electric & Gas providers, Midstream Energy, Pipelines, Renewable Energy, Battery Storage and Independent Power Producers (IPPs)
- Account size: The minimum account size per individual property policy is $5MM in premium