Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUses strong analytical skills, business and technical knowledge to provide operational and business support for computer systems to various internal and external customers via phone and non-phone methods related to Supported Systems. Proactively seeks opportunities to reduce costs and improve customer service. Identifies and develops problem resolution and knowledge database for use by service desk staff. Assumes ownership for a positive customer interaction for all calls taken.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses available resources and industry best practices to determine if system(s) require corrective action and develops interim alternative work flows when possible.
- Answers internal/external customer phone calls, emails and fax inquiries and communicates results.
- Understands established service level agreements, and effectively works to meet or exceed those standards.
- Analyzes inquiry using various investigative tools to determine if system changes are required.
- Logs customer inquiries in corporate ticket tool and escalates to IT personnel on an as needed basis.
- May create and/or update team systems related procedure manuals.
- May develop manual/materials to assist in the training of staff.
- May be assigned to special projects of a simple to moderate complexity on an as needed basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Insurance Knowledge preferred.
- Customer Service and/or Help Desk experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge:
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of application systems and of the systems area supporting the business functions.
- A working knowledge of the systems interfaces with the business operations work-flow and a conceptual understanding of the business.
- Proficient in the use agency system configurations and applications.
- Where appropriate maintains a basic knowledge of business trends.
- Sometimes requires assistance to perform tasks.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team, systems staff, other business units, service offices, agents, and customers, through a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust priorities based on changing situations.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to recognize and analyze problems and develop timely solutions with minimal supervision.
- Team Orientation:
- Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives.
- Balances team and incumbent responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above own interest.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and peers when appropriate, utilizing solid written or oral skills.
- Is a self-motivated to drive towards meeting and exceeding team goals.
- Operational Awareness:
- Generates innovative ideas on how to improve internal team workflows and processes, as well as identify systems changes that may ultimately enable the company and/or customer to operate in a cost-effective manner.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.