Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUses strong analytical skills, business and technical knowledge to provide operational and business support for computer systems to various internal and external customers via phone and non-phone methods related to Supported Systems. May be looked upon to take on added responsibilities that will assist in achieving overall team goals and business initiatives. Proactively seeks opportunities to reduce costs and improve customer service. Identifies and develops problem resolution and knowledge database for use by service desk staff. Assumes ownership for a positive customer interaction for all calls taken.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses available resources and industry best practices to determine if system(s) require corrective action and develops interim alternative work flows when possible.
- Actively pursues Help Desk Certification.
- Assists in training and coaching less experienced staff.
- May also assist with larger, more complex projects as needed.
- Under minimal supervision answers internal/external customer phone calls, emails and fax inquiries and communicates results.
- Understands established service level agreements, and effectively works to meet or exceed those standards.
- Analyzes inquiry using various investigative tools to determine if system changes are required.
- May create and/or update team systems related procedure manuals.
- Logs customer inquiries in corporate ticket tool and escalates to IT personnel on an as needed basis.
- Recognizes trends in problem tickets.
- Participants in identification, evaluation and implementation of system recovery solutions.
- May document and/or communicate system changes and processes to end users.
- May attend meetings with Manager to help describe problems that require escalation.
- May be assigned to special projects of moderate to high complexity on an as needed basis.
- Mentors junior team members and reports on Help Desk activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of Customer Service or Technology experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Insurance Knowledge.
- Customer Service and/or Help Desk experience.
- Help Desk professional designation.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge:
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of application systems and of the systems area supporting the
- business functions.
- A strong working knowledge of the systems interfaces with the business operations work-flow and a conceptual understanding of the business.
- Proficient in the use of agency system configurations and applications
- Maintains a basic knowledge of business trends.
- Does not require assistance to perform tasks and can be relied upon to train less experienced team analysts.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team, systems staff, other business units, service offices, agents, and customers, through a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust priorities based on changing situations.
- Has the ability to handle several priority projects at once and can shift priorities based on business needs.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Recognizes and analyzes problems of small to average complexity.
- Independently considers a variety of alternative to arrive at a timely and practical solution.
- Team Orientation:
- Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives.
- Balances team and incumbent responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above own interest.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and peers when appropriate, utilizing solid written or oral skills.
- Is a self-motivated to drive towards meeting and exceeding team goals.
- Is willing to assist immediate management in project tasks, meeting attendance and peer training and mentoring.
- Operational Awareness:
- Generates innovative ideas on how to improve internal team workflows and processes, as well as identify systems changes that may ultimately enable the company and/or customer to operate in a cost-effective manner.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.