Sales Representative (Base Salary, Uncapped Commission)
A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance helps people preserve and protect what they earn, build, own and cherish. Keeping this promise means we are there when our customers need us most.
We believe that our success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success. Our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives every day. This is what drives our success!
Do you want to join a Fortune 100 company where you'll be rewarded for developing new clients, discovering new markets and providing customers with the products they need? As a Liberty Mutual field sales representative, you'll enjoy a diverse, supportive environment, along with a competitive compensation program, including base salary, uncapped commissions and a bonus structure, and comprehensive benefits. In this full-time role, you'll also stay ahead of the curve with industry-leading, paid sales training and mentorships with successful colleagues.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
Passionate salesperson: You'll use your knowledge and enthusiastic work ethic to generate prospects and sell Auto, Home and Life Insurance products within an assigned territory
Competitive go-getter: Ready to earn uncapped commissions and bonuses? You'll have your chance while engaging in friendly (and rewarding!) competitions with your sales team and the opportunity to win recognition awards
People person: Using your interpersonal skills and market insight, you'll identify and cultivate prospective clients, and tailor products and services to meet the needs of existing customers
Relationship builder: You'll play the long game, building strong relationships within local community and organizations, and maintaining open lines of communication for future sales opportunities
First year earnings average is between $65K to $85K – through a combination of base salary, uncapped new business and renewal commissions, and bonus structure.
- Selling Auto, Home, Life and other insurance and annuity products to individuals within an assigned territory using consultative sales techniques
- Identifying prospective customers using established lead methodologies for new business
- Counseling and advising prospects and policyholders on matters of insurance coverage that is tailored to their specific situational need
- Developing and maintaining business relationships
- Making presentations to decision-makers of corporations to establish or maintain an Affinity relationship
- Participating in various incentive programs and contests designed to drive sales and exceed production goals
- Exceeding sales goals for volume of quality new business quoted and written within company guidelines
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience in sales or client service environment preferred
- Highly effective communication skills - oral, written and group
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing customers
- Organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a semi-autonomous, fast-paced environment
- Analytical skills to understand complex coverage details and underwriting guidelines
- This position requires that incumbents must attain and maintain current state insurance license in property, casualty and life