Director of National Sales
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Director of National Sales supporting our Multifamily Housing business!
You will be responsible for supporting the strategic planning and tactical execution of the business units sales growth initiatives in order to meet specific financial targets for the business based on a stated plan. Accomplishments will include providing the business strategic positioning within a marketplace, strategies needed for client retention and signing new clients.
- Provide sales support and client specific sales and service responsibilities. In coordination with the SVP Sales & Business Development the Director, National Sales will support the sales force of the Business Unit. This will include attending and supporting sales calls, and making client presentations, and other forms of team development.
- Engages in direct and consultative sales activity (i.e. Team Closes with Sales Consultants) to win business through new prospects and new services/products to existing client relationships.
- Compile, conduct or support Sales Consultant training and will provide guidance, coaching and other marketing & sales related support to the Account Executives concerning strategies related to client development and retention. Coaching should result in improved skills and ultimately more closes.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance providing specific developmental feedback, setting departmental policy, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for formulating, implementing and coordinating the business units growth strategies and ongoing prospect list by business development consultant.
- Work closely with key clients to further develop their business through strategic initiatives. This will include onsite client visits to assess current situations, resulting in recommendations that will enhance revenue for the Business Unit and the client.
- Liaise with and represent the needs and interests of sales and marketing with both internal (Operations, Customer Service, Claims, Actuarial, Accounting, IT, Telecomm, etc.) and external (Vendors, Service Providers, Strategic Partners, etc.) dependent and associated groups.
- 8+ years experience with successful sales and marketing development.
- Experience should include understanding of the extended service contract and warranty industry.
- Candidate should have hands on experience with client interactions at the C Level, general flows for business and finance transactions in our business units distribution channels.
- Bachelors Degree or higher preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the business to discover, develop and implement strategies that bring financial results to the Business Unit and our clients. Utilization of creativity to develop innovative ways to grow our business and differentiate our Business Unit from outside competitors will be essential for this positions success.
- Requires excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate sales ideas, plans and results to all levels within the company and to outside business partners as needed.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in the sales process.
- Ability to maneuver and influence within the company, especially with support services.
- Requires the ability to interact with and relate to a wide variety of management and other employees; can bring value at the client level.
- Requires ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to develop short- and long-term vision and goals.
- Requires extensive organizational skills and the ability to balance and prioritize multiple complex tasks and projects.
- Requires the ability to lead a group and get things done through informal and formal lines of influence.
- Requires incumbent to be self-motivated and proactive in the design and implementation of sales ROIs and RFPs.
- Requires the ability to think on his/her feet and be creative and proactive as they work through the financials and the deal structure of the sale.