Director, Commercial Lines Leader
About the Role
A dynamic culture. A strong leadership unit. A robust commercial insurance practice. These characteristics create a tremendous opportunity for you to thrive as the Director, Commercial Lines Leader. Working for a super-regional insurance brokerage’s Greenville, SC office, you will oversee strategic decisions affecting sales, client retention, marketing and employee development.
Duties & Responsibilities
This is an ‘in the weeds’ position. In some insurance agencies a similar role only manages internal processes & operations. That is not the case with the Director, Commercial Lines Leader. You are much more focused on supporting the sales and account management teams with portfolio performance, revenue development, marketing and relationship management.
- Teach, coach and mentor producers, client managers and account executives. Assist them with special projects. Be a technical resource on commercial coverage. Help with escalated client issues.
- Develop strategies for optimal staff performance; monitor book of business capacity, technology utilization and other workflow issues.
- Partner with producers on new business opportunities with an emphasis on large, complex accounts. Help with RFPs and program structures. Participate in sales presentations. Provide subject matter expertise in carrier placement strategies, resource allocation and technical coverage issues.
- Work with producers on marketing accounts, finding coverage options and negotiating with underwriters on pricing and placement.
- The office has a decentralized marketing function. You will manage marketing relationships and seek out special partnerships. Foster a good working relationship with key brokers and carriers.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum ten (10) years of insurance industry experience in commercial lines sales, marketing and client service.
- Retail agency background is required.
- A track record of successful leadership leading the client lifecycle and other employees. You know exactly how to move business from the business development process through placement and client retention. You have utilized leadership skills to guide, train and mentor other employees.
Apply for Director, Commercial Lines Leader
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly