Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryAt Travelers, we're inspired by the stories that brokers tell us about their clients, and the possibilities of what we can achieve together. It's why we created Travelers Schemes. To offer smarter, more tailored cover to match the ambitions of brokers and their clients whose needs can't be met by standard insurance products.
Happily, we don't settle for standard.
We have ambitious growth targets for our Schemes line of business and are looking for a Schemes Development Manager to join our Distribution team helping us to develop our schemes business via proactive development of opportunities and implement a robust deal execution and schemes management process and capability.
With offices in London, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham, we're flexible on location for the right person. As a national role, you will be required to travel to visit our branches and brokers as necessary.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you, when you join us for your interview. While we may not be able to accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised - these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making this a great place to work. The following key activities form a core part of your role;
- Work with the SME Distribution team to qualify Delegated Authority Scheme and MGA opportunities across identified segments, against Travelers appetite and UW strategy
- Develop relationships with the Distribution team and Branch teams to drive strategy for that broker
- Leading the deep dive reviews, across the stakeholder group, of the expected underwriting performance, through cover, wordings, UW experience analysis of the scheme/broker
- Leading the execution of setting up the deal, understanding and developing the expected performance of the scheme to propose the appropriate deal structure from an underwriting and operational perspective
- Lead the management of the schemes through their deal lifecycle, successfully over-seeing the agreed engagement framework
- Identifying and resolving any issues/concerns with the scheme in terms of operational execution, underwriting and performance.
- Demonstrate Delegated Authority Scheme and MGA l Management experience across all lines of business (Property, Casualty, Specialist lines) either in a development or management role
- Demonstrate specific knowledge of existing market schemes/MGA's and facilities
- Demonstrate analytical skillset and be comfortable with moderate to high complex data analysis
- Ensure that you keep up to date with competitors' offerings and market dynamics to ensure we position ourselves for success
- Project management experience would be beneficial
- As a national role, you will be required to travel to visit our branches and brokers as necessary, developing strong relationships to develop and manage the schemes.
- Collaborates extensively across many areas including Underwriting, Actuarial, Product, Finance, Claim, Risk Control, Operations, Human Resources and IT to develop and deliver comprehensive strategies and solutions
To be successful you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model and behave in a way that actively supports an inclusive work environment; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
- Extensive experience in scheme development and management
- Property & casualty insurance industry expertise, with an advanced understanding of products, underwriting, regulatory environment, risk management, pricing, underwriting process and insurance financials
- Advanced level of proficiency required in the following: Organisation, Financial Acumen, Communication, Collaboration, Presentation Skill, Networking, Risk Selection and Critical and Analytical Thinking.
- Advanced level of proficiency required in the following leadership competencies: Leading the Business including; Change Management, Strategic Planning, Making Decisions, Results Orientation, Influencing, Leadership, Power, Business Perspective, Risk Taking, Innovation and Understanding & Navigating the Organisation
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Whilst not essential, we would like you to be educated to degree level and also have the following experience and knowledge:
- Bachelors Degree or higher education level
- Comprehensive P&C industry knowledge.
- Typically has in depth knowledge/experience in two or more Commercial product lines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Underwriting techniques.
- Deep experience in underwriting new and existing scheme arrangements across variety of facilities, products, segments
- Proven experience in managing scheme account performance to achieve target profitability and income
- Strong experience in developing new schemes, identifying new agencies, negotiating binding authority arrangements and third party service contracts
- Deep experience in both writing and overseeing the production of underwriting guidelines, procedures, wordings and policy documentation for scheme arrangements
- Experience in managing the effective referral and auditing of schemes
- Proven experience of developing commercial relationships in order build sustainable long-term, profitable business partnerships.
- Ability to identify and manage key Influencers, including Executives, within major businesses.
- Proven experience of building and executing commercial negotiating strategies and processes.
- Ability to identify, understand and use data and information to inform decision-making.
- Knowledge of commercial and market drivers, trends etc. and capitalise on them to develop business.
- Able to effectively collaborate across business lines and areas.
- Strong prioritisation skills.
- Effective IT skills
- Driving licence
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- In addition we'd like you to have the following skills:
- Good communication and stakeholder management.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Frequently
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.