PURPOSE OF THE JOB
ICW Group is looking for a Commercial Business Development Specialist! The purpose of this job is to establish collaborative relationships with agents and build demand for Commercial Multi-peril (CMP) business in support of the new package division within ICW. This position serves as a strategic marketing role to drive new business in support of the Commercial Property and Casualty line of business. This position will focus on defining target classes of business and developing sources of production. This position will work with internal resources as a subject matter expert to develop agency facing systems and processes and champion Customer Relationship Management programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops and manages a marketing strategy for a profitable and growing book of business.
- Defines opportunities with agents and brokers to profitably enter CMP line of business.
- Leverages personal relationships with agents and ICW producers to provide insight into classes to target.
- Works with Underwriting and Product to ensure offerings fulfill a need in the market and are differentiated.
- Champions the design and adoption of Customer Relationship Management Process including developing standards to manage sales activity, document customer profiles and research leads in CRM systems.
- Keeps abreast of industry changes, including Insurance Services Office (ISO) and other industry organizations.
Prospects and develops new business through relationships that enhance organization reputation.
- Prospects and prequalifies existing producers for CMP business and new producers to build and maintain a productive working relationship with each source.
- Appoints new producers; sets and monitors production expectations with each Agency.
- Attains a thorough knowledge of the geographic territory assigned with regard to production sources, competitor activity, and economic and demographic idiosyncrasies.
- Assists with research in the market to help identify opportunities for product enhancements, new distribution channels, and new geographic markets with growth potential.
- Provides a deep focus on sales and production and acts as the face of the ICW Commercial line with agents.
Delivers superior customer service through collaborative relationships.
- Provides production support through producer visitations and by participating in underwriting and production presentations.
- Provides personal assistance to agents and insureds through regular visits to outside locations such as producers offices to improve the quality and quantity of business we obtain.
- Maintains communication with customers through the use of Company technology.
- Communicates decisions and resolves agent/customer concerns promptly.
- Presents Agency Management solutions to agency principals and ICW management team.
- Serves as the primary Company contact and representative with existing and prospective producers.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university preferred with a major or emphasis in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field. Minimum 3 years of Commercial P&C insurance sales experience at a carrier or wholesaler calling on independent agents required. Experience with customer relationship management systems required with knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current drivers license required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Knowledge of business development, marketing strategies, and brand expansion. Demonstrated ability to service the Companys clients and maintain relationships with production sources. Ability to apply fundamental Underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures in area of specialization. Ability to review and interpret documents such as submissions, loss control reports, and standard policy forms/endorsements. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills. Detail oriented with strong problem solving and organizational skills.
Office environment no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear. Requires travel, usually limited to automobile but occasional air travel is required. Requires regular visits to outside locations such as producer's offices.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Insurance Industry Knowledge, Problem Solving & Decision Making, and Relationship Building.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier and other standard office equipment. Requires travel up to 50% of the time.