Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Geospatial and Imagery team in Claim Business Intelligence and Analytics is seeking a highly motivated and innovation-focused developer to support the development and advancement of geospatial technologies across the Claim organization. This role will build and support geospatial assets through the analytic lifecycle, including ideation, development, implementation, and ongoing support. Candidates should be able to make a strong technical contribution and be able to work with our business partners to represent and advocate for geospatial capabilities. This position sits on a dedicated agile team committed to advancing our geospatial and imagery portfolios as well as supporting our ongoing catastrophe response functions. The ideal candidate will have experience with geospatial software and technologies, web development, some exposure to imagery/remote sensing, and knowledge of insurance operations/claim processes.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to solution design within assigned tasks and validates that developed solutions align with defined business requirements.
- Analyze data sets using data and visualization tools.
- Compile and verify data utilized for periodic scheduled reporting
- Develop an understanding of all data contained within multiple data marts and source systems
- Complete root cause defect analysis of monthly delivery process.
- Independently translates business requirements into technical requirements for enhancements and info delivery solutions
- Utilize a rapid prototyping methodology to perform moderate ad-hoc analysis to find solutions to business inquiries
- Perform consistent data analysis monitoring to provide prescriptive recommendations regarding data sparsity and quality.
- Operationalize and automates moderately complex data products independently.
- Independently develops and enhances analytic reports, scorecards and dashboards. Provides support for the implementation.
- Applies data derivations and business transformation rules based on data requirements.
- Provides recommendations of key performance indicators.
- Provides guidance to less experienced peers.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Geography or other quantitative degrees.
- 3 years of relevant data and analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of data and visualization tools (examples but not limited to):
- Visualization Platforms: MicroStrategy, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau, D3 Visualizations.
- Programming languages: SQL, SAS, R, Python, Spark, HiveQL
- Database Platforms: SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS), Teradata, Hadoop, AWS.
- MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Web Development: HTML, JS, CSS, frameworks (React, Angular)
- Geospatial Technologies: Esri (ArcGIS Suite), Open Source
- 5 years of relevant Business Intelligence & Analytics experience required
Licensing or Certificates
- Business Intelligence certification preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to recognize and analyze business and data issues of intermediate complexity with minimal supervision.
- Recognize when escalation is necessary.
- Able to leverage previous experience to consider a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical, and effective solution to resolve business problems.
- Ability to foster relationships with peers to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Works with other areas to achieve project/department or division goals.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Able to manage time and competing priorities
- Provides manager with accurate and timely status information.
- Able to accurately evaluate and estimate tasks.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.