Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, the Business Development Manager, BI-Select (BDM) is responsible developing, servicing and growing a sales territory through inside and outside sales approach that consists of an assignment of targeted brokers. Achieving success will include: optimizing the growth potential; exceeding or meeting year over year growth and profit objectives; utilizing Travelers sales tools within a consultative sales framework, developing competitor intelligence; and collaborating with underwriting team members, and home office and business centers on product, pricing and broker management decisions. This job does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and develop a flow of new customers that fit Travelers' PI profile and exceed production goals; develop annual broker flow and production goals.
- Provides customer service to brokers / policyholders / internal customers at a level that is consistent with Travelers Canada quality and productivity goals.
- Sales Pipeline Development - assist with prequalifying submissions across Auto and P&C Small Commercial products
- Understand specific industry characteristics for assigned business segment, including key needs and buy patterns, and use effectively in positioning Travelers' products, platform and services.
- Accountable for building and maintaining effective relationships with customers/brokers within assigned territory.
- Demonstrate the ability to build partnerships with other business segments to identify and initiate multiple product solutions at the account level.
- Work collaboratively with other business segments to remove roadblocks and administrative obstacles to ensure brokers see Travelers as 'easy to do business with.'
- Learns to apply broker diagnostics; diagnoses brokers interests, ability to grow, and motivates brokers to succeed.
- Completes strategic marketing plans for territory to identify opportunities and potential challenges from which strategies and tactics are developed.
- Develops and executes bottom-up Strategic Broker Management Plans with consistent accuracy in meeting company objectives.
- Development and execution of sales and marketing initiatives to achieve growth and profitability objectives.
- Articulates a sales process that matches Travelers Canada features, benefits, and solutions to broker needs and influences brokers to quote and sell Travelers to customers.
- Ensures that broker offices are fully trained on products and technology solutions.
- Establishes rapport and provides a superior sales experience with prospective brokers.
- Develop product, underwriting and sales knowledge to counsel and sell available multi-line insurance products.
- Stays current on all Travelers Canada systems and product/pricing changes.
- Strong customer service skills to include problem resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant business experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Commercial insurance sales or Commercial insurance product/broker profile knowledge required.
- Qualifications minimales
- Etre titulaire d'un baccalaureat ou detenir une experience d'affaires pertinente.
- Avoir au moins 3 ans d'experience dans les ventes d'assurance d'entreprises ou de produits d'assurance d'entreprises ou connaissances du profil de courtier requises.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Select insurance operations and service levels preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- CIP (or in progress) and other insurance related designations are considered an asset.
- A valid driver's license is required with a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced platform skills.
- Advanced ability to build relationships with and effectively influence customers and/or brokers.
- Advanced ability to quickly learn and implement new knowledge and skills.
- Intermediate ability to use resources and data to make fact-based decision in a timely and efficient manner.
- Working knowledge of market / territory, including competitor strengths and weaknesses.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Frequently
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.